General Manager Credit and Control at Bank of Africa
- Company: Bank of Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
GENERAL MANAGER: CREDIT AND CONTROL
Location: Head Office
Reporting to Managing Director
Summary of Responsibilities:
The role holder is responsible to provide strategic direction and oversight of the functions of Credit Analysis and Credit Control & Monitoring so as to coherently manage credit risk and protect shareholder value, while supporting sustainable credit business growth that builds customer value and supports the overall aims of the Bank.
Scope of Duties:
- Provide strategic leadership for all credit processes of the Bank and guide all related activities to build and protect a quality and profitable loan portfolio that supports the Bank’s growth strategies, within sustainable risk parameters;
- In collaboration with all relevant stakeholders, design the credit risk management framework for the Bank to guide all its pre-and-post disbursement processes and decisions, and supervise its implementation to ensure that the risks associated with the Bank’s credit activities, are effectively managed and mitigated;
- Manage the evolution of the Bank’s credit policies, processes and procedures, and champion their consistent application in all matters of credit business. This includes integrating the Environmental and Social Risk management agenda of the bank with all credit practices, and ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations that relate to the Bank’s credit business;
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders in business and operations to consistently deliver on all service level standards to attain business efficiency, so as to create customer value, and enhance competitive advantage and business value for the Bank;
- Contribute to the Assets and Liabilities Management Committee of the Bank in managing the Bank’s balance sheet, and support in analyzing micro and macro-economic parameters, and help determine the right pricing for credit business;
- Provide overall control of credit analysis procedures, while building and maintaining the necessary structures and tools for reliable identification and mitigation of credit risk, structuring of credit business and approval of procedures. Furthermore, responsibly sanction credit facilities within delegated approval limits where appropriate;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and provide overall guidance and maintenance of control structures to ensure all business that is booked by the Bank is comprehensively documented, perfected and is within the relevant legal framework of credit and banking, so as to be legally sound and executable where such necessity may arise;
- Provide overall leadership in credit portfolio oversight, and collaborate with stakeholders to maintain structures and tools for cross-functional portfolio monitoring so as to enable proactive debt management and limit the forward-flow / ageing rate within acceptable range;
- Manage, motivate and develop the credit team through rigorous performance management, coaching, mentoring, learning and development interventions to create a team able to deliver the credit mission of the Bank.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum experience of 5 years’ in Senior role in Credit and Control.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related courses.
- Knowledge of banking operations (International and domestic)
- Management capabilities
- Advanced analytical and risk management acumen
- Advanced business acumen and financial skills
- Risk management techniques
- Strategic and conceptual skills
- Team building and conflict management
- Coaching and leadership
- Social skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Ability to negotiate and convince
All applicants should attach with your application letter, CV and Certificates.
Method of ApplicationSubmission:
All the applications have to be submitted not later than 28th March 2022 to;
THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA – TANZANIA
NDC DEVELOPMENT HOUSE
OHIO / KIVUKONI STREET
P.O Box 3054
DAR ES SALAAM
or through email: [email protected]
NOTE: We shall communicate to only successful candidates who will meet all the requirements above.