General Manager at NMB Foundation
- Company: NMB Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
General Manager – NMB Foundation
Who we are
NMB Foundation (NMBF) is a not-for-profit corporate social investment arm of NMB Bank Pic, which was established in 2021 to scale up its intervention in carefully chosen pillars that impact the lives of the majority of Tanzanians. As a good corporate citizen, NMB Bank is committed to addressing some of the UN SDG’s.
NMB Foundation programs are designed to address issues of relevance specifically within the thematic areas of Education, Health, Agriculture, Environment, and Entrepreneurship. Through focused efforts towards the aforementioned areas, the foundation seeks to promote sustainable and wider economic inclusion. In order to accelerate the impact, we envision that the Foundation support model will comprise a combination of funding, social innovation and technical expertise. We leverage our network of branches and partners, our strong digital capabilities, and our resources to scale up our reach in the country.
NMB Foundation is committed to use various capabilities in partnerships, digital innovation, and expansive ecosystem to ensure notable impact and sustainable economic growth in our communities.
Position Description – General Manager NMB Foundation
Contract Duration – 3 years
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, this is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive program management experience to grow and further develop programs that will make significant impact.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Foster accountability, leadership, diversity, and transparency of operations with the Senior Leadership Team as well as other advisory and decision-making bodies.
- Develop a high quality and innovative strategic plan, based on thorough contextual analysis, and using an inclusive and participatory process. Monitor and revise as required.
- Ensure proper alignment on priorities for NMB strategic initiatives (Education, Agriculture, Environment, Health, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation)
- Work in partnerships with others inside and outside of NMBF to achieve broad scale impact.
- Work with senior staff to generate a viable program pipeline in line with NMBF strategy and lead the development of an appropriate fundraising strategy for those programs.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of all programs and projects.
- Identify and secure adequate funding for ongoing and future program activities
- Ensure good stewardship of the funding, negotiating acceptable terms and conditions.
- Monitor NMBF’s financial position and ensure the best use of available resources. This includes overseeing the development and review of NMBF annual budget, proper allocation of shared program costs (cost pools), development of unrestricted requests, review of financial transactions and reports, maximizing cost recovery from restricted grants and follow-up on audit recommendations.
- Establish a strong Human Resource strategy in line with NMBF Strategic Plan and ensure that systems are in place and being properly implemented for recruitment, staff development, performance management and compensation.
- Lead talent management and succession management in NMBF through the implementation of a comprehensive leadership development plan.
- A strong self-motivated work ethic and action oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Excellent organizational management skills with ability to coach senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, coaching and conflict management.
- Deep experience in program budgeting and financial management with the ability to manage complex budgets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Economics, Social Science, or any other related field.
- At least 5 years in a senior management position in the development field.
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected] by 08/06/2022.
NMBF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.