General Manager at Arusha Co-operative Union Limited
- Company: Arusha Co-operative Union Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Arusha Co-operative Union Limited is inviting qualified Tanzanians to apply for the following vacancy:-
GENERAL MANAGER (1 Vacancy – Arusha HQ).
Nature and scope
The successful candidate will be the Chief Executive Officer of ACU Ltd and will report to the Board. He/She will be responsible for providing dynamic leadership, vision and direction of the Union while ensuring an appropriate outreach and high quality services.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Responsible to the Board of ACU Ltd.
- Supervise daily operations of the ACU Ltd
- Oversee effective and efficient implementation of the Union”s short, medium and long term plans and provisions of relevant legislations, rules and regulations pertaining to a Co-operative Union.
- Provide direction and leadership towards achievement of the Union Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives, Strategies and Deliverables.
- Ensure that the Union consistently presents strong and positive image to stake holders and the general public.
- Advice and inform the Board on progress made in implementing operational activities of the Co-operative Union.
- Co-ordinate matters pertaining to the administration of the Board’s affairs, Board Meetings and all related issues as required by law.
- Responsible for approving payments of Union creditors and obtain actual payments receipts in accordance with approved standards.
- Prudently manage utilization of the Union resources within approved budget, guidelines, policies, laws and regulations.
- Maintain cost effective operational environment for motivating employees for optimal performance.
- Coordinate and manage all departments reporting to the General Manager.
- Ensure submission of quarterly/annual performance report for the Board of Directors.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Board from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Co-operative Management, Agribusiness, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University/lnstitution.
- At least five (5) years working experience in a reputable Institution with at least two (2) years in a Senior Position.
- Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style.
- Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load.
- Should have Computer Skills.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- The General Manager shall have the salary that will be in the Arusha Co-operative Union budget which is subject for approval by the Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- The salary for the General Manager shall be signed in the agreement between the employee and the employer.
Method of ApplicationArusha Co-operative Union Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing.
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position.
- An up -to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Contacts stating name in full, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
- Copies of relevant certificates
- Name and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Arusha Co-operative Union Limited,
Email: [email protected] The deadline for submitting the application is 02 July 2021 at 4.00 pm.