Gender,Youth and Social Inclusion Officer at EngenderHealth
- Company: EngenderHealth
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition No VN345
Salary Range 45,600,000-48,000,000 Tanzania Shilling
Employment Type Regular Full Time
Country Location Tanzania
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potential. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
USAID Afya Yangu Program is a five-year award that builds on successes and lessons from the USAID Boresha Afya Yangu Project HIV/TB North and Central experience. Its goal is to strengthen the integration of health services, especially for women and youth, with a focus on HIV/AIDS, TB, and FP services, and linkages between health facilities and the community. This award covers geographical areas with the highest disease burden across the following regions: Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma, and Singida. EngenderHealth is the lead gender and FP/RH partner as a sub-recipient of EGPAF.
The GYSI Officer, will be based in either of the regional project offices and report to the Senior Advisor, Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion. The GYSI Officer will support the development and implementation of GYSI-integrated strategies focused on high HIV prevalence areas, where targeted efforts are required to shift the gender-related barriers to the health and well-being of vulnerable individuals. They will provide technical assistance on a) gender, Youth, and Social inclusion including gender and social norms affecting health-seeking behaviors and interventions promoting gender-positive roles, rights, and responsibilities of the target communities, b) Youth and Gender and social inclusion, including improving access to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) information and services and products for adolescent girls and boys, young women and men to address multiple risk and protective factors at key transition points in their development.
• Support in a comprehensive GYSI analysis of all baseline studies and assessments of the project.
• Support Risk Assessment study for the project area and contextualize a comprehensive do no harm framework (DNHF) for the project, based on the findings of the risk assessment and GYSI analysis.
• Support the development and implementation of a gender and youth strategy in collaboration with the Senior Gender Advisor at the regional/or district level.
• Contribute to all aspects of strategy and capacity-building activities on gender norms and norms around sexuality and youth for C3HP staff.
• Implement gender and age-differentiated approaches to address social norms, GBV and contextual drivers, and capacity-building tools.
• Support regional project staff to build the capacity of the regional and district government authorities, and local CBO/NGO partners to reach youth, engage them in SRHR education, and provide access to services.
• Support the scale of gender and youth-friendly services at facility and community levels.
• Support the scale of gender and youth-friendly services at facility and community levels, for the key and vulnerable populations.
• Support integration of GBV prevention and response services into health facilities and community-based programming.
• Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of integrated gender, youth, and social inclusion activities.
• Contribute to the preparation of annual project work-plan, budgets, performance reports, and quarterly reports.
• Represents the project in relevant donor meetings, working group meetings, and other fora as assigned by the supervisor.
• Must possess a university degree (BA, BSc), in a related, relevant field (e.g. gender studies, public health, international development, social sciences, anthropology, or a related field).
• A minimum of three (3+) years of experience in gender programming in the health sector, including integration of Gender into the consortium of SRH services from facilities into communities.
• Must have a strong theoretical understanding and implementation of synchronized gender and male engagement interventions, GBV prevention and response, and working with youth on SRHR are essential.
• Experience in presenting findings, results, and lessons learned to a variety of audiences is desirable.
• Experience working for international agencies and USAID-funded health programs is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
• Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
• Demonstrated ability to work collegially with other technical staff, experts, and counterparts from the public, private, and NGO sectors.
• Ability to work under pressure and interact with diverse stakeholders.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, and teamwork skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, function effectively as part of a team, and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g., active listening, cultural competence, responsiveness)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are a must.
• Fluency in Swahili and English language is required.
• Ability to travel approximately 30% of their time to supervise and support field activities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.