Gender Specialist at Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan)
- Company: Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
GENDER SPECIALIST COLLEGES AND INSTITUTES CANADA, DAR ES SALAAM
Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest in employment as Gender Specialist to the Empowerment through Skills Program (ESP) in Tanzania, implemented by CICan in close collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST) through the Department of Technical and Vocational Training (DVET).
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for supporting general program activities and to specifically provide effective and efficient gender equality (GE) activities support to the ESP project office in Tanzania. Duties will include but not be limited to supporting the Senior Technical Advisor (Gender), implementing recommendations from the gender analysis, implementing gender equality strategies, and supporting project partners and stakeholders.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Tanzanian citizen or legally permitted to work in Tanzania. Note: CICan will not provide a work permit or sponsor individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in gender studies, development, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in a similar role with an international organization working on gender on international development projects, ideally in the education or TVET sector.
- Superior written and verbal English and Swahili communication skills along with the ability to effectively present and clarify requirements, expectations, ideas, and concepts to various audiences/stakeholders
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience combining formal expertise on gender mainstreaming and gender equality with experience of applying these concretely to specific development sectors, plans, policies, and business processes.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Familiar with development cooperation and working with international organizations.
- Demonstrable Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning experience of social projects
- Demonstrated competence in the planning, implementation, administration, and reporting of donor- funded projects, ideally with experience with Global Affairs Canada or a similar organization.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and Strong writing, computer, and data skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their applications electronically ONLY to [email protected] no later than 28th November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will receive a detailed job description.
The application should comprise of:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter.
- Copies of relevant certificates, permission to work in Tanzania; and
- Name, physical addresses, and contact details of three references who can comment on personal conduct and previous work done.