Gender Programme Officer at Legal Services Facility
- Company: Legal Services Facility
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Gender Program Officer has the role of supporting LSF’s Programs to implement gender mainstreaming in LSF’s work. The position is also linked to the promotion of gender equity within the different programs and units, i.e., the promotion of gender balance, work/life issues, harassment and a gender-sensitive work environment. The Gender Program Officer provides input, guidance and recommendations on all gender perspectives in the work of LSF. The Gender Program Officer is expected to advocate for greater attention to gender perspectives. This requires the Gender Program Officer to understand LSF’s programs and how gender mainstreaming applies to LSF’s work.
The applications deadline is Friday, 18th February 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Reports to the Program Advocacy and Implementation Manager
- Assess and identify gender knowledge needs and gaps in LSF’s programs;
- Develop and execute an overall strategic action plan for gender mainstreaming at LSF in consultation with LSF stakeholders;
- Develop and contribute to the basis of policy statements, frameworks, mandate, rationale and goals of the work of gender mainstreaming at LSF;
- Lead the establishment of a gender task force within LSF and serve as its coordinator;
- Conduct reviews of LSF strategies, proposals and grants and provide timely input and recommendations for gender integration and the inclusion of women in the implementation of programs and grants provided by LSF;
- Co-ordinate training activities and develop a suite of tools for training on gender mainstreaming based on identified needs for LSF staff, in liaison with other organizations/contractors that can contribute towards this;
- Develop and manage a set of grants to enhance gender equity in access to justice programs and policies complementary to LSF’s programs;
- Represent LSF at developmental forums and liaise with gender focal points in other organizations for events where information on gender mainstreaming may be required to leverage LSF programs; and
- Assist with respect to gender issues, the Monitoring and Evaluation team, in monitoring results emanating from the LSF program of work.
- Represent LSF in meetings and forums as designated
Undertake other duties to assist program implementation as assigned.
- University degree in development studies, gender studies, social sciences, political sciences or related fields with some focus on gender studies and/or social inclusion.
- An additional qualification in gender studies would be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of working experience, with an NGO focusing on developmental agendas related to social development.
- Working experience on gender equality and social inclusion
- Knowledge of programme implementation and management
- Knowledge of legal aid, legal education, human rights awareness creation and legal Empowerment.
- Knowledge of local government structures in Tanzania
- He/she should demonstrate competence on the following: Creativity, strategic, innovative and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in both Kiswahili and English
- Focus on Client centred approaches and the ability to respond to the community needs.
- Foster teamwork and ability to work with other in setting goals and making decisions.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th February , 2022.