Gender Inclusion Lead – Tanzania Horticulture at Abt
- Company: Abt
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Gender Inclusion Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded agriculture program in Tanzania, which will aim to increase the commercialization, inclusiveness, and competitiveness of horticulture market systems. In particular, the Activity will create opportunities for women and youth by addressing behaviors in the market system that exclude individuals based on cultural, political or social biases. The Activity will encourage private sector strengthening along the entire value chain, as well as social and behavior change communication to influence attitudes and perceptions to promote gender inclusion. This position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Gender Inclusion Lead is responsible for ensuring that project interventions address barriers and expand opportunities for women. These duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in annual work planning to ensure incorporation of gender considerations into all activities. With technical staff, ensure all interventions are inclusive, considering the needs of women.
- Lead the development of a Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Analysis and/or Gender Action Plan.
- Provide ongoing support to technical staff in each region, including by assisting in the development of activities that consider the unique needs of women and men, girls and boys, and those who experience gender exclusion.
- Other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in international development, community development, social sciences, or related field.
- At least 10 years progressively responsible experience implementing multisector international development programs focused on the needs of women.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th October, 2021.