Gender, Equity, and Social Inclusion Senior Specialist at Compassion
- Company: Compassion
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations. Local salary structures will apply for candidates in other countries.
The Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Senior Specialist provides guidance and oversight on mainstreaming gender and inclusion of vulnerable persons (including those with disabilities) across Compassion International’s Global Programs. This includes guidance on how other vulnerable and diverse groups can be best reached, in alignment to Compassions Global Outcomes Framework. The position holder works closely with other Global Program Design Team members, National Offices (NOs) and technical specialists. S/he responds to requests for guidance and provides technical expertise and leadership on all matters related to GESI. Enterprise wide, the GESI Senior Specialist will identify gaps and support teams in ensuring program designs are gender responsive as well as accessible and meaningfully engaging people with different vulnerabilities, including disabilities. The position holder is expected to lead, identify and drive forward recommendations on gender-sensitive to transformative and inclusive programming. The position holder will be proactive, results oriented, able to manage a large case load and work with a diverse range of people in cross cultural contexts.
This position can be based in the United States or any of Compassion’s program countries. See where we work here: https://www.compassion.com/where-we-work.htm.
The application deadline is April 18. Please submit your resume/CV in English.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Leads the design and development of global evidence-based guidelines for GESI across Compassion’s technical sectors (Health, Livelihoods, Education, Protection, Youth Development, and Environmental Stewardship), including theory, standards, activities, tools, resources, and indicators.
- Ensures that GESI resources and interventions adhere to the guidelines and framework of programming.
- Contributes to contextualization and implementation of needs assessment tools.
- Supports the contextualization and implementation of National Offices (NOs) GESI strategies.
- Reviews Complementary Interventions (CIV) proposals submitted by NOs and gives relevant recommendations.
- Guides and advises other technical sectors (e.g., livelihoods, health, disaster risk reduction) for GESI mainstreaming in interventions implementation, providing feedback and technical support to improve programming and programmatic approaches.
- Together with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team, defines and develops relevant metrics utilized to track GESI components within overall program development and implementation success across the organization. Analyzes data for improvement opportunities and makes recommendations for increased efficiency / effectiveness.
- Promotes a continuous learning environment to support evidence-based interventions related to GESI to national offices (NOs) and the front line-church partners (FCPs) they serve, to provide holistic development to caregivers, children, and youth.
- Provides on-demand technical advising on GESI issues to National Office teams to strengthen strategies, interventions and outcomes for the education domain
- Serves as a key leader to mentor, equip and build capacity of the technical staff and ensures appropriate policies, standards, and activities are in place for Compassion’s commitment to GESI.
- Participates in technical sectors’ Communities of Practice.
- Networks with other like-minded ministries and organizations within the industry in order to identify, evaluate, and recommend potential strategic partnerships related to integrating and mainstreaming GESI.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, gender studies, community development, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of eight years’ relevant professional experience managing and implementing development activities, including those related to GESI.
- Substantial experience in developing a gender policy and analysis.
- Strong knowledge and conceptual understanding and principles related to GESI
- Experience working within at least one of the following fields preferred: health, livelihoods and food security, disaster risk reduction, and environmental stewardship.
- Experience in engaging all stakeholders, including men and boys in gender and social inclusion issues.
- Experience with programs focused on prevention of sexual and gender-based violence and child- and early forced marriage an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others especially in a cross-functional capacity.
- Experience in training and equipping; experience with Dialogue Education preferred.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in cross-cultural communication
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th April, 2022.