Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Officer at Jane Goodall Institute (JGI)
- Company: Jane Goodall Institute (JGI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) is a global community conservation organization that advances the vision and work of Dr. Jane Goodall by conserving chimpanzees and inspiring communities to conserve the natural world we all share, we improve the lives of people, animals, and the environment. We strongly believe everything is connected and everyone can make a difference.
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) is a reputable and rapidly expanding non-governmental organization committed to wildlife research, conservation, socio-economic development, and environmental education. The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) was founded in 2001 by Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE. The JGI Tanzania with its partners makes a difference through community cantered conservation, chimpanzees research projects, youths’ environmental education, the innovative use of science and technology, we work closely with local communities in Tanzania, inspiring hope through a collective power of individual action.
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support implementation of the new USAID funded project, USAID Tumaini Kupitia Vitendo is currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Position: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Officer
Project/Program: USAID Tumaini Kupitia Vitendo
Duty Station: Kigoma or Mpanda
Reporting Line: Gender, Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) specialist
The GESI Officer will work closely with the GESI specialist and partners to ensure GESI aspects are observed in the implementation of project activities. He/She will play a key role in ensuring the project is implemented and monitored with strong commitment to promoting gender equity and social inclusion principles in alignment with USAID’s requirements. The incumbent will provide technical assistance, capacity building and coordination to integrate GESI consideration in all project components.
Key Responsibilities and Duties.
- Assist to conduct Gender Equality and Social Inclusion analyses to identify barriers and opportunities for marginalized groups’ participation and benefits.
- Assist development and implementation of comprehensive Gender Action Plan (GAP) to integrate GESI consideration into all aspects of the project.
- Deliver training programs to build capacity of project staff, partners, and stakeholders on GESI concepts, principles, and practices.
- Assist developing tools and guidelines for integrating GESI considerations into project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Contribute to the development of a robust project monitoring and evaluation system capable of tracking the progresses and outcomes of GESI initiatives within project.
- Collaborate with technical teams to ensure GESI is mainstreamed in all project activities.
- Work closely with local organizations to strengthen their understanding of GESI issues and their ability to implement inclusive approaches.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with local organizations, government agencies, and other stakeholders to foster collaboration and support for GESI goals.
- Regularly collect and analyze sex-disaggregated data to measure project’s impact on gender equity and social inclusion indicators.
- Participate in relevant forums, workshops, networks related to gender and social inclusion to stay updated on best practices and innovations.
- Ensure GESI achievements, challenges, lesson learned, and recommendations are included in quarterly reporting to USAID.
- Document success stories and case studies that highlight the positive impact of GESI interventions.
Required Job qualification and experience.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Gender studies, sociology, social work, Anthropology, Law, or Development studies. Master’s degree in gender studies will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in leading and coordinating Gender Equality and Social Inclusion activities.
- Familiarity with GESI research and GESI analysis, monitoring and evaluation methodologies and approaches
- Demonstrated experience in development of GESI related programming and operational standards.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data for decision making and inform programming and strategies.
- Familiarity with GESI research and GESI analysis, monitoring and evaluation methodologies and approaches and ability to interpret data for decision making and inform programming and strategies.
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing a GESI focused plans, standards, and capacity building strategies.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and promotion of gender equity.
- Excellent communication skills^- fluent in English & Kiswahili (Verbal and written)
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be submitted together with the most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume, copy of relevant academic certificates & transcripts, testimonials, three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number or e-mail address, and should be send to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Only the final shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and provided with the interview feedback.
Deadline: Saturday, 10th December, 2023 before 5pm in the evening.
JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national or tribal origin, religious belief, gender, and marital status.
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.