Gender Desk Officer at Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS)
- Company: Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS), owned by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC), provides training for over 3,000 students. CUHAS is currently running programmes in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Medicine (MMed), Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing (MSc.PN), Master of Science in Clinical Microbiology and Molecular Biology (MSc. CMDMB), Master of Science in Epidemiology and
Biostatistics (MSc. EB), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm), Bachelor of Science in Nursing Education (BSc.NED), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc.N), Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (BMLS), Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy (BSc.MIR), Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS), Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (DMLS) and Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography (DDR). CUHAS is looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
GENDER DESK OFFICER
A Masters Degree in Gender Studies, Gender Economics, Sociology, Social Work, Development Studies, Counseling and other related fields or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution with a GPA of at least 3.5 for undergraduate and at least 4 or overall grade of B+ for masters.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 3 – 5 years direct experience in gender related work,
- Ability to evaluate and integrate targets and objectives into broader program strategies,
- Technical capacity on training, Advocacy, networking & partnership, communications skills, interpersonal skills, planning skills, monitoring and evaluation skills,
- Experience of working on gender issues,
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Kiswahili is mandatory,
- Computer proficiency in MS word, excel, and power point, email etc,
- Knowledge / sufficient awareness of the relevant Acts and regulations,
- Having knowledge & exposure to Counseling will be an added advantage.
iii. Personal Qualities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to interact with staff and students at various levels,
- Ability to work under pressure, and handle confidential and sensitive information,
- Ability to work in teams and at the same time independently and prioritise own workload.
iv. Duties and Responsibilities
- To receive and counsel and clients registering confidential cases in the Gender Desk,
- To investigate and/or seeks resolutions to allegations of unfair gender discrimination, sexual harassment or sexual offences and refer them to the appropriate authority as per guidelines,
- To keep records on a weekly basis and generate reports,
- To keep and generate data for internal and external reports,
- To planning and coordinating Gender Desk activities within Bugando,
- To Organize sensitization sessions/educational programmes regarding the institutional Gender Policy, National Gender Policy and the Gender Desk for various stakeholders within the institutions (staff, students, clients and others),
- To prepare sensitization and educational materials for relevant targeted stakeholders of the Gender Desk,
- To recommend to the management any necessary action to improve the effectiveness of the Gender Desk,
- To drive initiatives to enhance awareness and communication on general gender issues and a safer working and learning environment,
- To prepare monthly and quarterly reports to submit to the Managements (CUHAS/BMC) and the Government,
- To consult and cooperate with the Gender Desk Champions and embark on advocacy activities that promote a conducive environment for all stakeholders,
- To Carry out any relevant activities provide technical support to the University and Hospital Managements as required,
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the employer.
- Successful candidates will be offered competitive packages and benefits in accordance with their qualifications and experience as per the CUHAS Scheme of Service.
Method of ApplicationAll applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
Applications must be typed in English.
All application letters must be accompanied by detailed and current curriculum vitae, all relevant certificates and full transcripts. For applicants with foreign certificates, a recognition by TCU must be attached.
Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers or emails) of 3 credible referees must be provided.
For applicants sending their applications through email, all documents must be attached as one PDF document.
The deadline is Friday 30th June, 2023 at 04:30 pm.
Applications must be addressed and sent to:
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES (CUHAS),
P.O. BOX 1464,
Or E-Mail to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 June 2023.