Geita Gold Mining Ltd at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Attendant 3 – Lamp room
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Underground Mining
Re Reporting to: Supervisor – Underground Mining
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The core aim of this role is to ensure all equipment are stored, issued, maintained, or repaired to the Lamp-room standard operating practices. Task’s assignments include housekeeping, inspections, and repair works, and other assignment related to all lamp room facilities.
- A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Basic numeracy and verbal/written English
- Computer Knowledge especially Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in mining environment or related industries
- Established experience with the following product technologies:
- Mine Lighting Equipment,
- Battery Charging Equipment,
- Fire Detection Systems
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Store and issue lamps self-contain self-rescuers (SCSR), M-Lites and gas instruments.
- Ensure lamps are fully charged before issuing to users.
- Ensure records are kept of specific individuals to whom equipment is issued.
- Keep records of SCSR’s tested, plan and advise Safety department of gear requiring tightness test.
- Ensure records are kept of equipment maintenance for compliance purposes.
- Notify the Underground Mine Manager of cap lamps or SCSR’s not returned at the end of a shift.
- Ensure good housekeeping is always maintained in the lamp room.
- Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as team member within the mining department.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor – Underground Mining
- Doing regular inspections of equipment, repairs, and equipment replacement
- Report any lost or damaged tooling
- To attend and participate in Regular departmental Safety and Toolbox meetings
- Think about job before commencement – Mini risk assessment
- Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language and Swahili
- Able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and be able to interact within all Mining Personnel and Maintenance sections.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass medical examinations.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork. Must be able to solve problems.
- Solid history of reliability and good work ethic
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification
- Computer Literate – Proficiency in Microsoft Office products / Basic Computer Skills
- Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th February , 2022.