GAVI Grant Coordinator at Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Company: Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children (Health) through Immunization and Vaccine Development Program (IVD) under the Department of Preventive Services has solicited support and collaboration from different stakeholders, one of them is Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI).
In fulfilling the task of providing leadership to the Health Sector response to Immunization and Vaccine, IVD intends to employ six (6) suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates under renewable contractual agreement for a period of three (3) years as follows: –
Position 3: GAVI Grant Coordinator (One Position)
Supervisor (s): Program Manager IVD
Level of Effort: Full time
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
To ensuring smooth and timely implementation of the Health Strengthening (HSS) grants to enhance smoth coordinate of immunization and accine development.
Responsibilities will include:
- To monitor implementation of GAVI, supported HSS Plan and ensuring timely implementation of the plans.
- Coordinate review of Annual GAVI supported HSS Plan and develop new plan for the next year.
- Ensure proper financial Management of GAVI Funds in accordance with agreement between GAVI and the Government of Tanzania.
- Coordinate budgeting and budgetary control for GAVI funds to avoid unnecessary audit queries.
- Coordinate and ensure regular financial audit on GAVI Funds.
- Work closely with the Program Manager of IVD/EPI to obtain implementation reports, compile and submit to GAVI all reports required timely.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports and submit them to programme management timely.
- Maintain and keep organized data and records of GAVI supported funds.
- To coordinate program performance evaluation and review according to national and international plan.
- Supervise accounts staff and ensure proper tasks allocation and conduct their performance appraisal.
- Coordinate programme auditing and audit response timely.
- Participate in all initiatives related to identification of resource requirements and gaps and initiate resource mobilization processes.
- Other activities as assigned by Programme Manager IVD
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accountancy, preferably with Master’s degree in Economics, Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- At least 8 years’ experience in donor funded Grant management.
- Experience of working with Government institution preferly Health Sector.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be sent to:
Permanent Secretary (Health),
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children,
NB: Closing date will be two weeks from the first advertisement in this newspaper.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.