Gardener at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – GARDENER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Direct Reports: LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
Location: LIWALE, LINDI
Carrying out gardening according to MSF procedures and following the line manager’s instructions in order to maintain clean and organized all green areas in MSF premises.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Desirable secondary education
- Desirable experience one year in similar position with similar responsibilities
- Desirable understanding of MSF activities in general
Languages: Swahili and English preferably (speak, read and write).
- Stress Management
• Performing gardening work in the MSF premises, including but are not limited to the following:
• Executing green areas maintenance activities (mowing, pruning, watering, fertilizing and weeding) and executing preventive and
curative phyto-sanitary treatments
• Preparing and maintaining flowerbeds and ornamental planting, as decided with the line manager and preparing soil, sowing seeds
and planting grass. Reporting any earthwork or maintenance work needed in MSF premises
• Refilling water cisterns and informing line manager when there is a shortage
• Performing simple tasks involving earthworks, laying borders and paving and drainage
• Training the security guards to correctly water flowers and plants, taking into account the availability of water resources
• Keeping area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc) and ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided.
• Performing tasks delegated to him/her as specified in his/her job description
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday, October 13th 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “GARDENER”
Please send your application to the email address [email protected] The applications can also be submitted at MSF Liwale Office- Liwale
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. People living with disability and minorities are highly encouraged to apply The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]