Fundraising and Communications Manager at TATU Project
- Company: TATU Project
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Fundraising and Communications Manager
TATU Project is a non-profit organization that facilitates equal and sustainable development for the rural community of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto in Northern Tanzania. We address community needs and build effective solutions through active collaboration with members of the community and relevant stakeholders.
The communication &department fundraising
TATU Project is an organization that depends on its own funding activities as well as external funding. The main point of our strategy is to have a variety of sources of income and try to be as sustainable as possible.
The F&C manager will work closely with the project managers and the communication staff, liaise with our partners and collaborate with our team members from all around the world. The manager will support the everyday operations related with external communication and fundraising activities.
The F&CManager objectives are: effectively lead, manage, coordinate and monitor all fundraising and external communication activities in the organization in order to enable and ensure smooth functioning and increase funding.
The F&C Manager is also responsible for managing the Communication & Fundraising team of volunteers.
- Generate wider awareness of TATU Project through the development and implementation of integrated communication and fundraising strategy which incorporates digital marketing, corporate fundraising, direct mail, legacy fundraising and other methods.
- Liaise effectively with the CEO and staff, the Board of Directors, supporters, suppliers and the media in achieving the fundraising and communication objectives of the NGO.
- Maintain office and fundraising accounting procedures through the daily management of TATU Project CRM Database – recording donations, new associates, TATU volunteers network…
- Production of communications materials, press releases and online content, as well as the marketing campaigns that exist in the calendar of activities for TATU Project.
- Maintain all social media portals and the TATU Project website to continuously engage supporters, donors and friends of the organisation and develop meaningful connections.
- Management of all the Corporate Communication of the organization.
- Continue to develop the corporate fundraising potential of the organization, which is a substantial area of growth for TATU Project.
- Be responsible for the fundraising strategy and calendar of events that will support the TATU Project.
- Engage in researching, identifying and testing new ideas in addition to the fundraising calendar of events and continuously develop the NGO’s fundraising strategy.
- Grant applications
It Is Essential For You To Have
- Experience in communication and fundraising for the not-for-profit or commercial sector.
- Working knowledge of publishing software for graphics design, video-editing and production.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising techniques including, but not limited to: proposal writing; public relations; prospect research; donor relations and stewardship.
- Good computer skills and database management experience.
- A proficient level of English, written and oral.
- Good experience in proposal writing.
- Comfortable with online platforms (ie canva/mailchimp/wordpress).
- Capacity of long-term vision to ensure the sustainability of the department.
It Is Desirable For You To Have
- Ability to work on own initiative and work to deadlines.
- Sensitive and responsive to core values gender, equity, culture, traditions and justice within the communication of the NGO.
- Experience with international non-profits
- The minimum time commitment is 1 year, preferably more.
- Flight, insurance, and personal expenses on site are at the charge of the volunteer.
- Accommodation in the NGO house for no fees – can be a shared room depending on occupancy rate (it fluctuates!)
- All work-related costs, such as transport to the community & communications will be covered by the NGO
- VISA will be covered by the NGO
- A stipend of 400,000TSH will be provided
- Availability: As soon as possible.