Front Office /HR Assistant at Medical Teams International
- Company: Medical Teams International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FRONT OFFICE /HR ASSISTANT (1) POSITION
Medical Teams International TZ
Department HR & Administration
Reports to Direct: HR Officer Technical: NA
Location Kasulu or Field Office, with occasional travel to field locations
Work Days & Hours Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Supervises Direct: Cleaner/Cook (office) Technical: NA
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for overseeing front office including assisting visitors, managing phones and handling mail. Assists HR Department and other departments upon request and directly manages Office Cleaner.
- Welcome visitors and direct to appropriate offices
- Operate telephone switchboard as needed.
- Support HR Department on a regular basis regarding recruitment tasks, appointments, management of HR documents and other clerical duties
- Support spot checks of HR Office on staff attendance and adherence to MTI regulations on health facility level
- Assist all departments with admin related tasks upon request including copying, filing, arranging meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring meal preparation and cleanliness of facilities and premises
- Handle and prioritize all correspondence
- Oversee toner and paper requirements for printer and arrange maintenance as needed
- Manage office stationary supply and place orders on time to avoid running out of stock
- Support departments in organising internal and external events including invitations, venue set up, catering, accommodation etc.
- Update contacts and directories as needed
- Ensure cleanliness of facility by supervising Office Cleaner/Cook and ensure maintenance needs are raised to the Logistics Department
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per MTI policy
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or equivalent is required
- 2 years of front office work experience is required
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of reception activities and secretarial procedures
- Skilled in administrative tasks and highly organized
- Skilled in liaising with vendors
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong command of written and spoken English
- Ability quickly adapt to provide prompt service to visitors
- Friendly and welcoming attitude
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to hold staff accountable to work responsibilities, MTI protocol and ethical standards
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Method of Application
- Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLY saved as your name (Surname FirstName) in PDF or Word ONLY with subject as ‘’Front Office/HR Assistant” including 3 work related referees to; [email protected]
- Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period; at the bottom of your CV
- INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE: Front Office/HR Assistant.