Front Of House Camp Manger at Asilia Lodges and Camps Ltd
- Company: Asilia Lodges and Camps Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
COMPANY NAME: ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD
POSITION: FRONT OF HOUSE CAMP MANGER
DEPARTMENT: FIELD OPERATIONS
LOCATION: TARANGIRE, NGORONGORO, RUBONDO, & SERENGETI
REPORTING TO: FIELD OPERATIONS MANAGER
At Asilia we aim to be an Organization that offers Better Experiences and Strong Positive Impact
We give people joy and appreciation in iconic wildlife & wilderness areas in a way that makes a positive lasting impact on the environment and its people. Behind the scenes, we diligently build our operational, sustainable and marketing/sales capabilities and access to capital to enable scaling up the experience and impact.
As a Front of House Camp Manager your role is to assist in the overall success of front of house operations. This position helps oversee general guest service on daily basis. This position motivates, trains, develops, and directs the front of house employees to accomplish the objectives of the camp.
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities.
WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure guests are well served their meals and drinks, work together with other staff and management in a smooth, safe, and harmonious manner to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- To manage all daily, weekly and monthly operations of the Front of House (FOH).
- To ensure all guests receive the best experience, compliant with our high standard of service offering.
- To ensure all staff, in conjunction with other managers, are motivated, have a high standard of work ethic and always follow the company procedures.
- To maintain strong cooperation and communication including training with head of departments and their teams.
- To maintain a positive relationship with the communities and neighbours.
- Ensure that general data is accurate, timely and consolidated; interdepartmental reports have to be generated on time to measure the performance of the individual departments.
- Health and safety including protection of all guests, staff, property and equipment (all company assets to be managed to limit potential loss to the camp).
- Ensure that overall repairs and maintenance of the property are being followed through, focusing on preventive maintenance.
- Ensure all procurement, stores and stock control are being followed correctly, in accordance with the manager.
- Ensure that the overall hygiene of the camp is in place and maintained to a high level.
- Ensure month-end stock takes are done and submitted on time according to the financial time-line.
- Exercise and implement cost saving measures.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a camp manager
- Good organizational and logistical skills
- Effective at crisis management and good at making instant decisions
- Strong leadership ability and confidence.
- Effective at training staff
Good knowledge on the following:
- Some bush/guide knowledge
- Admin/financial understanding
- Local language
- Menus, food quality and food presentation
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Drive and Commitment
- Communication and influence
- Peoples person
- Firm but fair nature
- Open, caring attitude
- Passionate about camps and a love for the bush
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the requirements and interested in this exciting opportunity, Please send your application and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 20th March 2020 to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Hard copy or Hand delivery will not be considered
For more information about Asilia, please visit our website: http://www.asiliaafrica.com/