Fraud Investigation Officer at ENGIE Energy Access
- Company: ENGIE Energy Access
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: One (1)
Job Grade: 13
Reporting to: Credit Risk Manager
Department: Customer Finance
Application Deadline: 1st May 2023
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services, and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Fraud Investigation Officer plays a key role in making sure that overall risk-related matters within Engie Mobisol UK Ltd., are investigated and proper recommendations are planned and executed. Furthermore, he/she monitors the implementation of policies, processes, and controls to manage credit operations activities.
- Identify root causes of operational non-compliance including fraud and work with the Credit Risk Manager to create action plans to address these areas.
- Where major issues are identified lead the deep-dive investigation, reporting and make recommendation on how controls can be improved to safeguard operation activities.
- Where policy, procedure and control gaps are identified or new processes and tools are to be implemented, collaborate with the Credit Risk Manager to ensure drafting and operationalization of the same is properly implemented.
- Coordinate and monitor all investigations, monitor police cases, monitor court orders, monitor accumulated evidence and all matters brought by the effects of the prevailing risk.
- Work with the Credit Risk Manager and other teams inside and outside of Customer Finance to develop robust and permanent compliance monitoring framework following well-defined processes and standards.
- Establish the rule that is alleged to have been breached and ensure that cases are investigated within approved time limits.
- Report to the Management on latest risk-related trends and case facts for cases committed across credit operations activities.
- Maintain accurate database and records of all cases handled and investigated, as well as all legal matters pending in court involving fraud activities undertaken in credit operations.
- Evaluate cases referred for investigation and recommend proper actions to be taken.
- Support Engie Mobisol management with remedial action to reduce fraudulent activities within the company.
- Manage the security and storage of information, evidence and documents related to investigations.
- Prepare periodical reports relating to all investigation cases indicating recommended actions to be taken and status thereof.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the line management from time to time.
- Minimum holder of bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Banking or Finance or Economics or any other related field..
- Experience in investigative work on frauds or non-compliance to company laws and regulations is highly required.
- Experience in a role managing operational and credit risk including process compliance and fraud investigation is an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different teams to understand areas of potential risk and to escalate and mitigate these effectively.
- Strong analytical, communication, creative problem-solving, influencing, integrity, judgment, and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate, team player, and dynamic self-starter.
- A good understanding of Engie Mobisol systems, policies, and procedures.
- Willing to travel and work in any geographic region in Tanzania.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
Technology: Experience in and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/365 Office Apps
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE