Forest Officer II at Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Company: Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
The Management of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) invites suitable qualified Tanzanians to apply for various positions. The application letter should indicate names and addresses of three referees, together with certified copies of all academic certificates. Furthermore, the applicant must submit a signed current Curriculum Vitae, Birth Certificate and other Testimonials.
POSITION: FOREST OFFICER II (One Position) – Department of Forest Engineering and Wood Sciences.
QUALIFICATIONS: Holder of Bachelor Degree in Forestry or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution. A candidate with at least B+ in the Wood Chemistry, Wood Anatomy and Quality, Wood Properties and Utilization, Sawmilling and Wood-Based Materials will have an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in testing and analysing a variety of wood and wood-based materials;
- To assist in performing application of various analytical instrument techniques to characterize wood and wood-based materials and developing new instrument methods.
- To assist in conducting physical, anatomical, mechanical and chemical tests of wood and wood-based materials to determine meeting of standards
- To assist in designing and administering practical examinations
- To conduct laboratory/fields demonstrations;
- To conduct repairs and maintaining wood laboratory equipment;
- To assist in students’ projects and practical research and consultancy work
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
AGE: Not above 45 years of age
REMUNERATION: As per applicable Scheme of Service and the Treasury Registrar’s Circular No. 6 of 2015.
TENURE: Two years renewable contract depending on performance and availability of Funds.
Method of ApplicationAll Applications should be addressed to the
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance),
P.O. Box 3000,
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 April 2021
NOTE that for those who studied abroad, TCU Verification of certificates must be attached to the application.