Foreman Wagon Shop at TAZARA
- Company: TAZARA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania -Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a Statutory Institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 share holding basis, with its registered Head Office being in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Authority has two Regional Administrative Centres, one in Mpika, Zambia and the other in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the vacant position of:
|Job Title||: Foreman Wagon Shop|
|Salary Scale||: TSG10|
|Location||Dar es Salaam Workshops|
|Number of Post||: Two (2) post|
To supervise and co-ordinate activities to wagon shop on Medium, Heavy and Accidented wagon repair to ensure speedy completion and attainment of set Engineering Quality Standards in the interest of efficient traffic services.
- Receive medium, heavy and accident wagons requiring complete repairs (as per maintenance periodical repair chart schedules, inspects same jointly with operations representatives to establish extent or nature of the repair work to be done and records all details as required.
- Allocate specific task to subordinates giving details of work to be carried out and supervise the execution of work to ensure that it is being carried out as per set Engineering Quality Standards
- Co-ordinate fitting, rehabilitation and modification activities to ensure that all the activities lead to the achievement of set objectives.
- Provide technical and practical guidance to subordinates as they encounter through practical demonstration. Carry out more complicated and detailed work beyond the competence of subordinates.
- Initiate materials, tools and equipment requisitions and arranges to their collection to ensure that all requisites are readily available at all times to sustain wagon repair work continuously.
- Complete job assessment forms to facilitate job costing, work orders for material and wagon parts to be manufactured in other shops.
- Ensure that subordinates observe safety rules and that they are provided with safety gears to avoid possible/potential accidents.
- Maintain discipline among subordinates and promote team work to ensure achievement of set objective.
- Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results, as well as able to collaborate with a diverse team.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Safe working methods.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Form IV/VI Certificate
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, /Full Technician Certificate or its equivalent from a reputable College or University.
- Three (3)years relevant work experience at this level.
- Not more than A5years of age
- Post graduate works at Technologist level, will be an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationOnly candidates who meet the specified requirement need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and address of three traceable references.
The Regional General Manager (T),
Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority,
Junction of Nelson Mandela & Julius Nyerere Road,
P.O. Box 40160,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving application letters is 20th December 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated.