Foreman Civil at TPC Ltd
- Company: TPC Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
TPC Ltd is one of the fast-growing sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill vacancies positions in various Departments.
POST: . Foreman Civil (01. Post)
- Reports to the Civil & Rail Engineering Manager
- Core Job Description: Planning and scheduling daily and weekly maintenance activities for reported calls. Assigning day work and supervision of buildings maintenance team under him/her. Maintenance of building services like fresh water, foul water and electricity supply. Repairs and maintenance to existing company buildings including inspection to residential houses for defects recording, evaluation and reporting.
- Key Accountabilities:
- Assigning day work to artisans and helpers and follow up the work done on site to ensure that the works assigned are completed and the highest workmanship is achieved. All the artisans and helpers under him/her (ranging between twelve to twenty-five workers)
- Supervising all the Civil Engineering works on various sites under him.
- Preparing Bills of Quantities and cost estimates of the works to be done.
- Preparing Estimates of materials required for works and control usage on site to ensure that no wastage and theft occurs.
- Taking care of the equipment and tools of work on site and making sure that they are used correctly and efficiently.
- Preparation of work programs for various works under his/her responsibility.
- Preparing drawings or sketches of new buildings or modifications to be done to existing company buildings.
- Regular inspection to company buildings, complete the prepared inspection worksheet and evaluation of recorded defects.
- Attend repairs and maintenance calls assigned to him/her efficiently and in shortest time possible.
- Reporting any difficulties or technical problems above his level to his/her Supervisor for further solutions.
- Any other related works as would be assigned to him/her by respective supervisors.
- Core Competencies
- Written and oral communication skills, active listening, problem solving, leadership, analytical and critical thinking, attention to details and dependability abilities.
- Knowledge of use of safety equipment and protective gears.
- Good personnel monitoring and equipment selection abilities.
- Good command in Auto CAD and other computer applications will be added advantage.
- Personal Specifications
Holder of Diploma / Full Technician Certificate in Civil Engineering or Facility Management from a recognized Training Institution. A working experience of not less than two years on similar roles. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and holds a valid driving licence.
NOTE: Internal Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The closing deadline for all applications is 31st August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P. O. Box 93,
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391
E-mail: [email protected]