Food Systems Communications and Programme Assistant at UN Volunteers
- Company: UN Volunteers
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Under the direct supervision of the National Coordination Offer and Focal point for UN Environment in
Tanzania the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in fact-finding of key knowledge and evidence products including reports, policy briefs, and videos on food systems in the context of sustainable consumption and production.
• Assist in the production of videos, podcasts and digital stories for the e-newsletter and communication channel. This includes conducting desk research, preparing the storyboard, filming and recording, interviewing sources, editing, musical scoring and uploading materials on the web.
- Assist in generating engaging feature articles and multimedia content for the Tanzania Food Systems dialogues and SHIFT project updates on the designated web section and its social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram. This includes actively searching for trending/interesting content related to Food systems and resilience, and translating technical content into compelling articles and blogs.
- • Assist in the Food systems assessment reports and SHIFT project updates dissemination activities, and actively identifying potential partners to enhance Food systems engagement
- The intern is also expected to strengthen his/her knowledge and understanding of the concept of 1. food systems 2. volunteerism by reading relevant documentations and publications.
- Support planning and organization of Food systems related meetings, dialogues and work-shops; alongside preparing the respective reports
- Regularly review and recommend appropriate tools that enhance the delivery of the Food sys-tems dilaogue
- Any other activities assigned by the supervisor.
Program management, mass communication, journalism, environment or Natural Resource Management line of, development planning or related field.
- Relevant experience in the field of research, social sciences, communication, digital publishing, video production, journalism, and other related subjects.
- Experience in coordinating workshops or events Experience in research and writing
- Experience in communications, knowledge management or capacity development activities is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrated research abilities and interest
- Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Illustra-tor, Photoshop), MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Social media savvy
- Interest and experience in volunteering is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is required; Fluency in Swahili language is an asset.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in project management, com-munication, environmental protection etc required.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th August, 2021.