Food Safety Consultant, Health Services at Aga Khan Health Services
- Company: Aga Khan Health Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Food Safety Consultant, Health Services
Aga Khan Health Services
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral, and teaching hospital.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health
AKHST is seeking for enthusiastic, qualified, and experienced Food Safety Consultant. Request for proposal is hereby required for the food safety consultancy services as follows:
- Assist in forming and training a dedicated Food and Safety Team responsible for implementing and managing the ISO 22000 system.
- This team should consist of individuals with expertise in food safety, quality management, and relevant operational areas.
- Thorough assessment of our current food safety management practices and procedures against the requirements of ISO 22000:2018.
- Identify areas where improvements are needed to meet the standard’s criteria.
- Develop a Food Safety Policy that comprehensively outlines our organization’s commitment to food safety, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that this policy is communicated and understood by all employees.
- Training and Risk Based Thinking in line with the new requirement in ISO 22000: 2018.
- Train other Staff on ISO 22000 Awareness.
- To establish Food Safety Objectives that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) for our food safety management system. These objectives should align with our organization’s overall goals and be regularly monitored and reviewed for progress.
- Prepare Flow Diagram(s) and verify on- site (Process-Mapping).
- Identify and Assess Hazards: Conduct a thorough hazard analysis of our processes and identify potential biological, chemical, and physical hazards that may affect food safety. Determine the severity and likelihood of these hazards and establish appropriate control measures.
- Implement a HACCP Plan: Develop and implement a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan, following the principles outlined in ISO 22000:2018.
- Identify critical control points (CCPs) in our processes, establish critical limits, monitor CCPs, and put corrective actions in place when deviations occur.
- Complete Control Charts.
- Establish Document Control: Develop and maintain documented procedures, work instructions, forms, and records to ensure effective implementation and control of the food safety management system. Implement a document control system to manage the creation, approval, distribution, and revision of these documents.
- Implement Prerequisite Programs (PRPs): Put in place prerequisite programs, such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation procedures, supplier management, allergen control, and traceability systems. These programs form the foundation for effective food safety management.
- Training of Internal Auditors.
- Conduct Internal Audit to verify implementation: Regularly perform internal audits to assess the conformity of your food safety management system and identify areas for improvement. Ensure that auditors are competent and independent from the audited areas.
- Train Operatives on monitoring Critical Control Points (CCPs) and Operation Prerequisite Programmes (OPRPs). Pre-validate Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plan.
- Implementation of ISO 22000.
- Conduct Pre-certification Audit.
- Management Review.
The Food Safety Consultant shall commence work immediately upon signing the contract and is expected to spend 90 total working days on the task. At a minimum the Food Safety Consultant must produce and deliver the following reports and outputs:
- Inception report and work plan.
- The consultant shall submit an inception report Five (5) days commence work detailing on the methods, tools and work plan.
- Develop draft report a month after commencing work.
- Develop final report two weeks after completion of the assignment.
- The consultant shall submit a final report in electronic copies along with raw data (in Excel or SPSS compatible formats).
- The report will be written in simple English language and must be comprehensive.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology or related from recognized University.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in related field.
- Successfully consulted at least 6 Major institutions/companies in a similar manner.
- Familiar with key country (Tanzania) regulations and statutory requirements on food safety.
- Knowledge of Multiple Quality management systems and series of HACCP and food safety standards will be an added advantage.
The selected Food Safety Consultant will be hired under Aga Khan Health Services, Tanzania (AKHST) and report to the Head of Food Service and Nutrition or his/her Designee.
Application Deadline: Soft copies of technical and financial proposals and Gantt chart must be submitted by 14 July 2023
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the Agency
Aga Khan Health Services: With community health programmes in large geographical areas in Central and South Asia, as well as East Africa, and more than 200 health facilities including nine hospitals, the Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world. Building on the Ismaili Community’s health care efforts in the first half of the 20th century, AKHS now provides primary health care and curative medical care in Afghanistan, India, Kenya, Pakistan, and Tanzania, and provides technical assistance to government in health service delivery in Kenya, Syria and Tajikistan. More information……
Salary and package to attract the best candidate
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2023.