Fleet Manager at Ministry of Health
- Company: Ministry of Health
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children (Health) through Immunization and Vaccine Development Program (IVD) under the Department of Preventive Services has solicited support and collaboration from different stakeholders, one of them is Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI).
In fulfilling the task of providing leadership to the Health Sector response to Immunization and Vaccine, IVD intends to employ six (6) suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates under renewable contractual agreement for a period of three (3) years as follows: –
Position: Fleet Manager (One Position)
Supervisor (s): Program Administrator
Level of Effort: Full time
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
The Feet Manager will be responsible for management of all IVD fleets and ensuring preventive maintenance plans are developed and implemented.
Responsibilities will include:
- To supervise all matters of transport related to vaccine’s commodities.
- Oversee assigned fleet operations and make direct reports to the head of IVD on fleet performance and other operation requirements.
- Obtain and maintain trucks insurances, registration and permit for sustainable of the program.
- To oversee all activities related to dispatching, routing and tracking of programme vehicles.
- Plan, Organize and manage the work of the transport staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with the program requirements and make their performance appraisal and submit to Administrator.
- Coordinate functioning of programme garage for preventive maintenance and maintenance of programme vehicles for efficient distribution of vaccines and related vehicles.
- Coordinate movement of trucks and vehicles to be used in the distribution of vaccines and related supplies for security.
- Advise programme administrator in the rational use of fuel for vehicles according to the movements.
- Maintain IVD asset register for all vehicles, motor cycles, bicycles and other mechanical parts countrywide.
- Oversee proper maintenance of parts and other consumable inventories.
- Oversee proper use of fuel rations, maintain logbook and account for fuel and oil storage tanks if available.
- Advice the programme in all technical matters related to transport and distribution.
- Coordinate Response to all audit queries related to transport, transportation, and fuel utilization.
- Develop, Maintain and ensure adherence to disciplinary procedures and provide orientation to transport staff on proper vehicle maintenance and management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Transport Management from recognized and reputable college in Tanzania or abroad.
- At least 10 years of working experience in public service as fleet manager or principal transport officer.
- Ability to work with computers (excel, word, publisher)
- Ability to supervise, mentor and coach subordinates in proper vehicles management.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be sent to:
Permanent Secretary (Health),
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children,
NB: Closing date will be two weeks from the first advertisement in this newspaper.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.