Fixed Plant Supervisors at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit two (2) Fixed Plant Supervisors to join Underground Fixed Plant team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned maintenance tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. This a Permanent role. The role will report to Underground Fixed Plant Superintendent.
- Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE.
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report.
- Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Maintaining, repairing mechanical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of fixed plant equipment, Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to Fixed Plant Superintendent.
- Develop, implement & lead mechanical maintenance for all fixed plant equipment, ancillary facilities & process systems.
- Support and coordinate the development of maintenance plans, budgets and schedules.
- Manage the execution of maintenance plans and assessment of efficiency and execution improvements.
- Manage and implement company safety standards and set expectations at all levels of staff and supporting contractors.
- Coordinate maintenance plans and tasks with Operations, I&E, Reliability and Planning Superintendents.
- Develop staff teamwork skills to ensure integration with Operations and Maintenance, with a mind-set of team success.
- Define, implement and promote systems, training and standards that maximize equipment effectiveness and availability.
- Lead maintenance practices that will focus on reaching operational excellence, and enhance maintenance capabilities to deliver improved equipment reliability, decreasing repair and maintenance costs.
- A relevant trade qualification in Mechanical or Technician Certificate from a recognized institution.
- A Mechanical Trade Certification is highly desired.
- 10 years’ maintenance experience within fixed plant specialization
- 3 years or more in a supervisory role
- Proven mechanical experience on challenging and remote sites
- Strong communication and English speaking and writing.
- Maintain a safe working practice and environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to train less experienced members of the staff.
- Must have computer skills in, word, excel & outlook
- SAP knowledge to be able to follow up and ordering parts required and approvals.
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driving license.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines. Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME Indicating the role title “FIXED PLANT SUPERVISOR” in the subject of your email.
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected] If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28TH OCTOBER 2021. BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.