Fitter at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Fitter to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Underground Shaft Maintenance are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Manage and maintain the Scamont pumps, Warman pumps, mono-pumps , conveyor belts and rock breakers;
- Control the PH by operating lime dosing system safely in accordance to Bulyanhulu procedures;
- Efficiently and effectively perform mechanical maintenance activities in accordance with regulation as required by the shaft maintenance controls and to ensure compliance at all time;
- Ability to conduct troubleshooting to the hydraulic system
- Ability to conduct front end and back end rope cut to the winder.
- Understand dynamic test to the winder
- Ability to set brake air gap to the winder
- Ability to work to the height / open hole.
- Ability to change Ammonia to the plant.
- Oil filter change and oil top up to the plant
- Change and balance fridge plant motor
- Ability to perform repair on CCT fan gear box.
- Manage to service compressor intercooler.
- Manage to change cooling tower spay nozzles
- Ability to change compressor cooling tower fans
- Ability to perform troubleshooting to the compressor dosing system in safe way
- Manage to inspect overhead crane structures
- Manage to inspect and repair overhead crane rope attachments
- Ability to conduct mechanical maintenance activities in accordance to OHSA regulations in respect of the ammonia plant
- Inspection of equipment as per required safety measurements and standards
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV and above level
- Trade’s qualified as Fitter (FTC,IMMT&VETA)
- Valid driving license
- 3 years’ experience as Fitter in underground mining industry
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “FITTER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to:
Please forward applications before 21st November 2020 BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2020