Fire Suppression Technician at Sandvik
- Company: Sandvik
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Fire Suppression Technician
We currently have opportunities for qualified Tanzanian Technicians to join our team as Underground Equipment Fire Suppression Technician based in Mwanza with frequent visit to the Mine sited in Tanzania.
The opportunity is well suited for those with strong customer-centric and technical support experience for Sandvik underground equipment fire suppression system.
You will be a key member of an established team and perform the fire suppression technical activities to the underground mining fleet while supporting a zero-harm safety culture.
The opportunity will see you :
- Install, repair, inspect and commission Sandvik Eclipse Fire Suppression products and equipment of different kind at customer site or own premises.
- Report and document results after above actions.
- Responsible to plan, conduct and maintain tools and equipment for service work.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements.
- Provide basic technical support to the sales team ensuring ability to produce positive results in sales-client interventions.
- Provide technical training to the service network on proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Provide technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues.
- Provide relevant feedback to Service Support Team and relevant Product Performance to enable proper utilization to the equipment or its operation.
- Provide assistance in compiling accurate data to provide warranty to clients and engineering machine improvements.
To be successful in this position you must be trade qualified or have similar qualifications disciplined in mechanical, electrical and hydraulics systems.
You will have extensive experience in a similar role in the underground mining industry with a minimum of Three years’ experience maintaining Sandvik underground mobile equipment and fire suppression system. Importantly, you will have a strong understanding of underground machines and operating principles and practices combined with deep working knowledge of the Sandvik product range.
In addition to your expert technical knowledge, you will have good communication and customer service skills and the ability to build long term relationships. Training experience or qualifications will be looked upon favorably. Our vision of zero-harm for our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers, is shared by you.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary with benefits including site and travel allowances.
- All required work permits and visas
- Options for roster including 5:2
- Versatile and interesting tasks in international business environment, as well as the opportunity to develop your own professional skills and career.
- Be part of a country leader that is shaping the future of the Mining Industry in sustainable ways.
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group with approximately 44,000 employees and sales in about 150 countries. We have a strong focus on enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability through our unique expertise and solutions for the manufacturing, mining, and infrastructure industries.
Our offering covers their value chains and is based on extensive investments in research and development, customer insights and a deep knowledge of industrial processes and digital solutions.
We have a long history of ethical and responsible business conduct, which has played a significant role in the global success of our company for 160 years. We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner, are committed to creating safe and healthy workplaces and delivering the industry’s safest products and services.
We are proud to shape the future of our industry in close collaboration with our customers and partners. We believe in an inclusive, equal, and open-minded culture, and we nurture our diversities to form a solid foundation for achieving great results.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September, 2023.