Financial Planning & Performance Specialist at Tetra Tech International
- Company: Tetra Tech International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
etra Tech seeks experienced candidates for the following positions:
Financial Planning & Performance Specialist (1 Post) Based in Iringa
The Financial Planning & Performance Specialist will be an integral part of a multi-person component team on a USAID funded development activity to increase access to sustainable WASH services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) and urban water supply and sanitation authorities (UWSSAs), and will support efforts to expand access to finance for small-town water utilities, community-based water management organizations, and other water and sanitation service enterprises. Potential sources of finance include the Tanzania National Water Fund, commercial banks, microfinance institutions, development banks, and local governments. The candidate will support development/improvement of financial management and business models for RUWASA, WSSAs and BWBs, and WASH SMEs and CBWSOs to prepare financial projections and business plans, improve financial and operational performance, and facilitate access to finance, and will support efforts to improve water and sanitation service provider business performance and planning, cost/fee recovery and address other constraints to credit-worthiness. The position will report to the WASH Finances team Lead, supervise two enterprise support specialists, and be based in Iringa town with travel to activity districts in Rukwa, Njombe, Iringa, and Morogoro regions.
The candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Designing and implementing financial and operational performance improvement plans for community or utility-scale water and sanitation service providers. Strong experience and results in a related sector will be considered.
- Linking financial institutions to promising businesses that provide water and sanitation products or services.
- Developing and delivering relevant capacity building programs for public sector entities
Education: Advanced degree relevant to a specific area of specialization (public administration, finance, economics, business, or related field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience under similar projects providing assistance on large donor-funded projects with similar scope;
- Demonstrated experience providing technical input and/or advisory services related to WASH financing;
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
- Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls will be accepted about these positions. Deadline for submission of applications is September 28,2021.
Method of ApplicationTo apply through [email protected] with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line.
Closing Date : 28th September , 2021.