Financial Analyst at Jane Goodall Institute
- Company: Jane Goodall Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) is a global community conservation organization that advances the vision and work of Dr. Jane Goodall by conserving chimpanzees and inspiring communities to conserve the natural world we all share, we improve the lives of people, animals, and the environment. We strongly believe everything is connected and everyone can make a difference.
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) is a reputable and rapidly expanding non-governmental organization committed to wildlife research, conservation, socio-economic development, and environmental education. The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) was founded in 2001 by Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE. The JGI Tanzania with its partners makes a difference through community cantered conservation, chimpanzees research projects, youths’ environmental education, the innovative use of science and technology, we work closely with local communities in Tanzania, inspiring hope through a collective power of individual action.
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support implementation of the new USAID funded project, Tumaini Kupitia Vitendo (TKV) is currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the following vacant positions:
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing financial inputs, preparation of various financial management reports to management and program managers, designing various financial templates to assist in decision making, advising organization on investment of its funds, advising management on various policies and procedures for cost saving and improve organization performance. This position will work collaboratively across programs and projects to analyze individual and institution performance and strategy.
Key Job Responsibilities and duties:
- Analyses financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data, recommending actions.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs, collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analysing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses, studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications, coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
- Review project budget/financial proposal and advise program team on the cost not fully accounted for.
Minimum Job Qualifications and other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Statistics, Health economics, Business Administration or business-related field is desirable. Master’s degree is an added advantage, o Considerable experience of managing organization change and business transformation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Accounting, Finance, Auditing, Business development.
- Abilities in using Jet reports ad-in, power Bl and advanced Microsoft excel.
- Experience in managerial position in a donor-funded organization.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills,
- Interpersonal skills, to work and build relationships with a wide range of people holding different views,
- Ability to interpret and write narrative report based on financial numbers for management decision,
- The ability to understand diverse perspectives and to be able to successfully influence and negotiate,
- Effective research and analysis skills (including quantitative and qualitative), needed to build an evidence base on which you will work.
- Knowledge in ERP systems (Microsoft dynamic Business central-Navision)and related technologies
- Good organization skills, to track priorities, work to deadlines and manage projects.
- Be flexible and adaptable approach, to respond to shifting priorities and a rapidly evolving external environment.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be submitted together with the most recent Curriculum Vitae(CV)/resume, copy of relevant academic certificates & transcripts, testimonials, three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number or e-mail address, and should be send to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Only the final shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and provided with the interview feedback.
Deadline: Sunday, 08th October, 2023 before 5pm in the evening.
JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national or tribal origin, religious belief, gender, and marital status.
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.