This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
5 Jan 2023
Financial Accountant at Winbill Supermarket
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Winbill Supermarket
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Job Description for Accountant Post at WINBILL Supermarket
Company Name: WinBill Supermarket
Location: Mbezi Temboni
Job: Financial Accountant
- Cash Management including making payment to suppliers, receiving cash from cashiers at the end of their shift time, issuing floats to cashiers, handling the main petty cash of the supermarket, managing the supplies, and ensuring that that there is enough cash to pay the suppliers as and when it is needed
- Managing the bank transactions: Ensuring that the daily cash sales are banked the next working day, performing periodic bank reconciliations and cash count reconciliations.
- Inventory management by ensuring that inventory movement from the shop is physically reconciled with the system inventory balances, monitoring expired or defective items in the shop
- For bakery production purposes: Monitor the movement of raw materials and analyse the productivity from the raw material procured
- Fixed Asset Management: Ensure that the fixed assets of the company are properly managed in a fixed asset register
- Suppliers’ management: Keep data for suppliers that supplies on credit and monitor the credit terms
- Compliance with laws and regulations: Ensure that company complies with regulatory requirement such as PAYE, WCF, NSSF, Corporate tax, SDL, VAT, specific regulatory requirements for supermarkets and bakeries, etc
- Financial Reporting. Ensure that all transactions are entered in the accounting package in time and analysed and financial reports are issued from time to time as will be requested by directors
- Internal and external audits: Attend to internal and external auditors and ensure that the company gets clean reports form the auditors
- Managerial role: Take up the managerial role when the manager is not there to ensure that the shop floor is well attended and provide technical input when required from the shop floor attendants
- Graduate from any recognized institute/college in Tanzania, CPA will be an added advantage
- Be ready to work long hours
- At least 3 years’ experience. Working from the same industry is an added advantage Be ready to start at short notice
- A resident of Kimara or MBEZII is preferable.
Method of ApplicationWinBill Enterprises Limited
P.O. Box 11621, Dar es Salaam
By email to: [email protected]
Deadline for receiving the applications: 13th January 2023
Note: Be ready to attend the interview on 14th and or 21st January 2023 if shortlisted.