Financial Accountant at Deloitte Tanzania
- Company: Deloitte Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Financial Accountant (Ref: KHSZ/FA/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve
HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions. The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a Financial Accountant based in Dar es Salaam.
Provide finance support to the program through facilitation of finance matters, review and processing of payments, funds accountability, preparing reports and ensuring financial documents are in place.
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are done timely.
- Ensure staff and sub grantees payroll payment are processed on time
- Review bank and mobile transfers before being sent to the Finance Manager for approval
- Approve payments in the Grants Management System (GMS)
- Review the sub grantee accountability files and posting in GMS
- Timely preparation of sub grantee fund requests
- Prepare liquidation monthly reports and submit within the USAID deadline
- Prepare quarterly reports and expenditure accrual and submit within the USAID deadline
- Prepare federal financial reports on a quarterly basis
- Prepare fund accountability statements and facilitate internal and external audits on an annual basis
- Provide support in reviewing staff timesheets
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) holder
- A minimum of three years working experience
- Good knowledge of USAID financial rules and regulations
- Proficiency in using accounting package
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to [email protected] For your application to be considered, it
MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.