Finance Officer at NRC
- Company: NRC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Supervision and capacity building of staff under supervision.
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures.
- Support project staff in financial matters.
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area.
- Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, incentives, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures
- Ensure that country Operations adhere to global and local Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements.
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities.
- Prepare Budgets and financial reports to donors.
- Verify PR/PO/BAS and vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment.
- Participate on procurement committee meeting and make sure procurement are made in line with NRC guideline.
- Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures.
- Review and Post financial data in Agresso on daily basis.
- Ensure all taxes, pension & other statutory deductions are payable on monthly bases. They should be accurate and submitted timely to governing authority.
- Monitor budgets regularly and inform/advice the Area /Support Manager on the status of spending
- Ensure proper filing of support documents.
- Support in preparation of Annual and donor Audit.
- Support Area /Support Manager and project staff in financial matters.
- Support in the implementation of the anti-corruption policy.
- Minimum BA in accounting plus CPA certificate with four years’ experience working as a Finance Officer or above in a humanitarian/recovery context preferable INGO. At least two years of experience in supervising staff.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail.
- Very strong financial analysis skills.
- High integrity.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work specifically UNHCR.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator.
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Financial software Agresso preferable.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Planning and delivering results.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th July, 2021.