Finance Officer at Mott MacDonald
- Company: Mott MacDonald
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The role of Finance Officer will sit within the “Programme Management Team’ which is responsible for ensuring that all financial, operational and administrative aspects of Shule Bora run effectively.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective administration of financial operations He/she will work in close coordination with the Project Manager, Admin Officers and Technical team, as well as liaising closely with the team in Dodoma and other locations. He/she will support the Finance Manager in recording and retrieving financial details of the company, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling and reconciliations. The principal duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
Project Monitoring & Reporting
- Provide support to the Finance Manager to produce forecasts and budgets for work activities based on the estimates on the Rolling Work Plan (RWP). This includes collating activity costing and providing support for preparation of the working estimates.
- Ensure that timely, accurate, and appropriate information is available to the programme management team.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required for delivery of the programme.
- Assist with the preparation of bank reconciliation statements and ensure they are checked and approved for submission within deadline.
- Assist in carrying out timely bank transactions and, also to deposit cheques into vendors accounts.
- Responsible for petty cash management and ensuring regular reconciliation of cash balance for review. Accountable for cash count and reporting on cash count exercise to the management.
- Responsible for recording cash and transactions into the applicable bank or cash book. Ensure records are available for regular checking and are up to date to meet deadline for submission to the UK head office.
- Provide support for payment and disbursement of cash payments e.g. per diems. To produce reconciliation of payment and supporting document for appropriate retirement.
- Assist with the compilation of Vendors’ list and collation of vouchers for batch processing within the financial system.
- Assist in the preparation of all payment vouchers, and cheques and ensure the timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Checking and ensuring that all payment vouchers meet the minimum audit requirement by checking for approvals and necessary supporting documentations.
- Ensuring tax compliance; more specifically with reference to the withholding tax as per the relevant provisions
- Assist the Project Accountant and Accounts Clerk in the preparation and the subsequent activities for external e.g., client, and internal audits, as and when required
Operationalise the Mott MacDonald Business Management Systems (BMS) procedures, including health, safety and security as required by Cambridge Education/Mott MacDonald for
- the project;
- Contribute as required to programme reporting related to the areas above;
- Promote healthy work ethics, good governance and anti-corruption behaviour;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Programme Manager.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 16th March, 2022.