Finance Officer at Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST)
- Company: Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care, and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, children, and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
As an equal opportunity Employer, MST is looking for active and qualified individuals for the following roles:
Finance Officer, Dar es Salaam: (1) Position:
Reporting to Finance Lead, the Finance Officer will be supporting the overall financial management of Marie Stopes Tanzania. This will include ensuring the production of financial statements in accordance with IPSA’s and Tanzanian regulations, ensuring preparation of timely and reliable monthly management accounts and maintenance of the organisation’s general ledger. The Finance Officer will also assist MST’s Management Team in ensuring the integrity of the organisation’s management information systems and providing technical support.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of MST general ledger:
- Maintaining SUN accounting system for provision of accurate and timely information.
- Preparing and submitting accurate financial reports on a timely basis in the specified format in compliance with MST’s and MSI’s Global financial policies and procedures. Others:
- Ensuring timely and smooth external audits including responding to auditors’ queries and implementation of recommendations.
- Ensuring an efficient and appropriate financial controls, policies and procedures are in place; and,
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time by MST management. Key Responsibility: 2
- A professional qualified & certified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or CPA).
- A Bachelor degree of Accountancy or equivalent qualification. Experience:
- At least 3 years’ progressive experience with similar responsibilities with NGO(s).
- Experience of financial management with Donors.
- Experience of working in a busy and high pressure with multiple competing deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial management systems and reporting.
- Ability to perform under pressure, handle heavy workloads; and meet stringent reporting deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills.
- Computer literate and hands-on experience with Excel and computerised Accounting Systems; knowledge of SUN System is desirable.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Cross-functional team player.
Method of ApplicationIf you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before October 16, 2023. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.