Finance Mentor at Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA)
- Company: Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
TMA is currently seeking experienced, committed, and motivated individuals to fill in different vacant positions as per mentioned below.
Job Title: Finance Mentor (1 position)
Reporting: HOD Finance
Duties and Responsibilities of Finance Mentor
- Identify and provide feedback and suggestions to management related improvements to organization policies, procedures, processes and guidelines to financial systems and related matters.
- Ensure proper financial records are timely and accurately filled and stored in accordance to the organization policies and guidelines
- Ensure proper update and records of all financial transactions
- Prepare and review budget annually and semi-annually for HOD Finance Approval.
- Collaborate with TMA Staff to implement the interventions agreed upon for improvement of TMA financial accounting and management practice.
- Support Finance team to prepare credible financial statement (balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, journal entries, monthly reports and bank reconciliations.) in timely manner and respond effectively to any Audit quarrels that arises for and its purposes 7. Support preparation of quarterly, technical and financial reports
- Provide training on the use of information system in Financial management in daily management to both staff and cooperatives.
- Identify gaps that requires quick intervention and communicate the same to HOD finance and Chief Executive Office.
Qualifications and Skills of Finance Mentor
- A Master’s degree in the field of Finance, Accounting, Business management or any other related field from a reputable institution
- At least two years’ experience working in the same field
- Experience of work in cooperatives is an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks, Tally ERP9, VoteBook.
- Adequate physical and mental health and ability to work effectively and efficiently under minimum supervision.
- Excellent English skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a team with commitment and tireless efforts.
Method of Application
- Please submit your cover letter (1 page), updated CV (maximum 4 pages) and contact information for three references, not later than 22nd February 2022 before 5.00pm to [email protected]
- Application should be sent through email only and should note the position title as the subject line for example: “Finance Mentor”
- All application later should be address to Chief Executive Officer, Tanzania Mentors Action, BOX 4278, Dodoma.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- TMA is an equal opportunity employer; women, youth, People living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Hard copies, personal visits or phone calls to this office are discouraged.