Finance Manager Reporting at Equity Bank
- Company: Equity Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: Finance Manager Reporting
Reports: Head of Finance
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
- A position for and experienced, ambitious and talented financial professional with 5+ years of relevant experience in financial reporting and/audit.
- The individual should have good communication skills to manage both internal and external stakehoders.
- The role also includes assisting Head of Finance with budgeting and strategy for high growth of the organization.
- Finance Manager Reporting at Equity Bank
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Head of Finance and the team to ensure that the bank resources are efficiently deployed and balance between profitability, growth and risk is sound.
- Assist and support the Head of Finance to guide the bank towards its vision and strategic objectives; ensure that the bank accomplish its strategy and business plan.
- Actively participate in the budget and planning process.
- Ensures that performance reports are accurate, timely and complied and submitted to stakeholders within timelines set.
- Coordinate audits and inspections and ensure that financial results are accurate and published as required.
- Analyse business performance and accurately report on daily basis.
- Monitor daily performance and ensure that all variation from budget which are 10% or over are explained monthly and remedial actions suggested to management.
- Ensure payments are processed accurately and promptly within reasonable time as stipulated in the procurement and finance policies.
- Ensure effectiveness of internal control and integrity of general ledgers.
- Ensure accuracy and timelines of BOT and TRA reports and returns
- Providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to finance and procurement department staff
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years’ experience in banking and/or external audit environment
- Bachelor’s degree with CPA/ACCA
- Banking industry knowledge
- Understanding of tax legislation
- Advance excel and presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously- and take initiatives
- Willingness to work long hours when required is critical
- Desire and ability to achieve results under tight deadlines
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to: [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than 11th November 2022. Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.