Finance Manager at Johns Hopkins University CCP
- Company: Johns Hopkins University CCP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
University CCP August, 2020
Johns Hopkins University
Center for Communication Programs (TZ) Limited
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Working Title: Finance Manager
Seeking candidates for the position of Finance Manager for the Tanzania Vector Control Activity (TVCA), a USAID/President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI)-funded project for implementing proven, evidence-based vector control approaches in Tanzaniato reduce the burden of malaria, managed by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP).
The successful candidate will be based in Dar Es Salaam with travel assignments within Tanzania. They report to the Finance and Administration Director.
- Provide guidance on CCP finance and operational policies and procedures where applicable
- Maintain petty cash box securely as per country finance manual including issuing petty cash upon request, following up on receipts, reconciling the petty cash monthly, performing cash counts, monitoring physical cash to QuickBooks and immediately addressing discrepancies
- Prepare petty cash vouchers and ensure receipts are attached timely
- Maintain adequate and appropriate levels of petty cash formally requesting changes as needed via the CCP imprest team in Baltimore
- Assist non-finance staff to prepare adequate justifications to support budgets and transactions
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation and ensure the final financial reports and original supporting transactions are submitted to the CCP imprest team not later than the 15th after the month closes
- Ensure the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, adequacy and appropriateness of all financial transactions and related support i.e. ensure all financial transactions meet audit standards
- Immediately inform, guide and request revision to support that does not meet requirement (e.g. incomplete or inaccurate forms, missing support, illegible photocopies, missing printed names, signatures, dates, etc.)
- Prepare monthly payroll ensuring receipt of all timesheets and leave requests from HR, calculating and filing of PAYE, social security remissions and other statutory payroll requirements
- Ensure cash received is kept in the safe and is deposited into the bank within the specified in the country finance manual
- Orient travelers on correct and appropriate travel policies and procedures before taking advances
- Prepare and remit timely all statutory taxes to the Tanzania revenue authority including payroll and other financial items as required
- Follow-up weekly on outstanding advances for program activity or travel ensuring adherence to organizational policies and procedures
- Maintain and communicate to staff on appropriate allocations for shared office costs based on space and effort
- Make field visits as necessary to provide support, verify transactions as required
- Accrue for severance in QuickBooks
- Bachelor’s of commerce finance, business administration, or related field
- Certified public accountant (CPA); part qualified or equivalent will also be considered
- At least 5 years’ accounting experience in the NGO sector
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Ability to work well with others
- At least 5 years’ experience managing USAID projects
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience managing USAID contracts
Method of Application
The requirements differ for each job posting. Please review the full job description to ensure you meet the needs of the job to which you are applying.
All candidates are required to submit an up to date Cover Letter, CV, and other application materials using our web form. The form includes a drop-down menu that contains a list of our open positions.
You must select the name of the open position you are interested in before completing the form. If you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate entry for each application.
All applications must be submitted using this form, Select the job you are applying for:
Deadline for receiving applications is 03 September, 2020 at 11:59 pm GMT +3.