Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Finance Manager Position in Dar es salaam for it’s EpiC Project Tanzania
Ensuring compliance with FHI 360 and USAID financial and accounting procedures, rules and regulations; leading budget development, financial reporting, monitoring program expenditures; and maintaining financial filing systems. Responsible for sub-award management, monitoring and compliance and providing capacity development and technical support to sub-recipients to strengthen their grant management systems; and ensuring strong management of sub-agreements. Providing guidance, monitoring and support to project team, including procurement for goods and services, logistical support for local and international travel (including expense reports) for staff and consultants, contracts development and management and maintenance of office inventory. Ensuring that USAID resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans; overseeing administrative procedures for the project and ensuring program actions are in compliance with USG and FHI 360 regulations. Working closely with FHI 360 country, regional and HQ offices to monitor and ensure the financial health of the project and prepare internal and external reports and deliverables.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review workplan and other budgets for EpiC Tanzania.
- Prepare all financial reports for EpiC Tanzania.
- Track and monitor project expenditures against budget, including preparing monthly pipeline analyses for HQ EpiC team.
- Manage EpiC Tanzania charge codes and chart of accounts.
- Manage EpiC Tanzania sub-recipients across 11 regions, including conducting pre-award assessments, reviewing monthly financial reports, coordinating reimbursements, posting approved expenditures, develop and managing sub-recipient monitoring plans.
- Provide ongoing capacity strengthening and mentorship to sub-recipients to strengthen financial and management systems for increased accountability and ownership in managing USG funds; conduct site visits to build financial management capacity and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate PEPFAR expenditure reports on an annual basis.
- Manage Epic project property inventory in collaboration with the Tanzania team.
- Develop EpiC Tanzania procurement plan and oversee proper procurement procedures for supplies and equipment.
- Support and coordinate other operations activities including travel, logistics, other administrative tasks.
- Supervise a team supporting logistics, subaward management, travel, administration, and other operations functions including staff in regional offices.
- Post data into financial systems, ensuring that financial information is processed accurately and generates timely and reliable reports.
- Provide support as needed on monthly balance sheet reconciliations; and
- Conducts trainings for non-finance project staff as well as subrecipient staff on financial and grants management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 7-9 years of experience.
- Or Master’s Degree with at least 5-7 years of related experience that must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO environment desirable.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Tanzania is highly desirable.
- Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key and vulnerable populations.
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program is highly preferred.
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner.
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume of workflow efficiently.
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data as well as experience with computer spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret financial information and reports
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23th October, 2022.