Finance Coordinator at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The purpose of this position is to ensure timely and quality budgeting and reporting of NRC Tanzania financial and grant management information.
Responsible for ensuring strong financial and grant management monitoring systems within NRC Tanzania Programme
Responsible for ensuring budgets and financial reports are compliant to donor and NRC financial regulations.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at country level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Contribute in the design, development and implementation of the Financial management policies, procedures and practices in NRC
- Coordinate the financial aspects of the multi-state, multi-year, multi-partner programs in line with donor requirements.
- Consolidate financial reports, fund requests and budget amendments in a timely fashion throughout the life of the projects.
- Ensure strong grants monitoring and reporting systems are in place which ensures timely reporting and utilization of the funds
- Work closely with budget holders on proposal/budget preparation and giving technical support for the area finance coordinators to make sure the submission of the donor budgets. Ensure the grant tracking report is updated and implemented to ensure timely reporting
- Undertake proposal and grant application reviews to assess compliance with NRC and donor guidelines
- Participate in the closure of projects and coordinate with area program and logistic teams to close the projects on time.
- Review all grants on a monthly basis in terms of budget versus actual, identify areas of over or under expenditure, instigate remedial actions and liaise over required correction.
- Developing and updating the master budgets at country level and working closely with the area program and logistic teams for any technical support needed.
- Share lessons learnt and good practices of financial and grants reporting.
- Undertake periodic visits to the field in order to support and put forward recommendations for improvements where appropriate
- Developing the top down of the budgets and sharing with the area program team and finance coordinators.
- Ensuring that country office costs are covered and captured in the active budgets.
- Conduct donor and project audits and coordination with the auditors and donors for such audits
- Visit the partners for checking and monitoring for reports and liquidation of the advances and recommendation for improvement and capacity building of the partners.
- Any other duty as assigned by the line manager
use this link
Position: Finance Coordinator— Budgeting and Reporting
Reports to: Finance ManageR
Duty station: Kibondo/Tanzania
Duration : 12months with possibility of extension
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 March, 2021
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th March, 2021.