Finance Business Partner – M-Pesa at Vodacom
- Company: Vodacom
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Finance Business Partner – M-Pesa
Role Purpose and Key Accountabilities
Finance Business Partner – M-Pesa facilitates Vodacom M-Pesa business unit in setting strategies, decision making, providing market insights, giving diversified options which drive enhanced value creation especially on pricing, promotions, executions, models, etc and ensuring management decision process is smooth and informed for the company to achieve targets through relevant advice and timely monitoring of results.
Business Partner Support
- Part of the business unit management team contributing to strategy & decision making, whilst being a constructive challenger
- Provide strategic input and financial support on commercial & operating issues such as policies, procedures, promotions and go-to-market.
- Support the on-going review & maintenance of adequate operational control environment over financial items e.g. commission costs, etc.
Business Cases and Analytics
- Gather relevant inputs from Vodacom M-Pesa unit and external references and analyze them.
- Engage in the M-Pesa bid process and drive value of the quotation to the business.
- Provide the methodology, logic and guidelines then prepare and review business cases.
- Challenge M-Pesa teams by proposing alternative solutions to drive value especially ARPU uplift.
- Present trade-offs and rank alternatives to support senior management to take appropriate decisions
- Identify ways to track results and carry out post launch analysis & propose recommendations
- Proactively engage with M-Pesa teams and review their processes and ensure governance policies are being followed.
Finance Support to product proposition
- Execute product profitability analysis and ensure propositions are profitable before launch and perform post launch analysis.
- Support development of calculation tools and benchmarks for micro products
- Ensure commissions, other M-Pesa costs and revenues are kept at desired levels as per the approved budget.
- Verify alignment with forecast and monitor M-Pesa budgets
- Be a touch point to Vodacom Group on IB matters related to M-Pesa
- Support with ad-hoc analysis to develop M-Pesa frameworks, analyses and insights.
Target handover, Planning, Performance Management & Monitoring
- Be responsible for Vodacom M-Pesa unit performance and M-Pesa unit management.
- Monitoring M-Pesa unit performance against targets and advice accordingly
- Identifying potential issues and carrying out analysis to validate
- Supporting departments to identify, analyse, validate and implement remedy actions
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis and the business unit in the planning process.
- Provide inputs for target setting, development of scenarios & options with the business, whilst being a constructive challenger.
Competencies and Professional Qualifications
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills with ability to integrate the details into a big picture view;
- Must be pro-active with ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Good communication skills (oral and written) with ability to influence with impact, use clear and compelling messages;
- Degree in at least one of the following: Finance, Accounting or equivalent;
- At least 5 years relevant experience (finance, accounting, banking, audit);
- Data analysis skills
- Telecoms Experience is an advantage
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CISA, CIA or similar qualifications
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th July, 2021.