Finance Associate at WFP
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Service Contract – SC6
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
Dar es Salaam
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Swahili languages.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Associate is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. The Finance Associate is expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff, or specific support service(s).
To coordinate and provide finance, budget and administration support services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information to ensure the efficient functioning of the support services and inform decision-making.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions, to support setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
3. Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to support transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
4. Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
5. Ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner, resolve complex issues relating to the disbursement or replenishment of funds in line with WFP rules and regulations.
6. Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of Master Card Foundation (MCF) budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
7. Co-ordinate with Small Holder Farmers Unit teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with Master Card Funding Proposal.Monitor account balances and oversee the recording of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
8. Monitor, control and analyze general ledger accounts to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
9. Prepare and analyze financial and statistical reports based on the established frequency and provide recommendations for further actions to the Finance Officer or other staff, to facilitate informed decision-making.
10. Co-ordinate and supervise work of other support staff and support their learning and development in management of financial resources (e.g., managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyze vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
11. Remain on stand-by at all times and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on job and in the field.
12. Perform any other work-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Internal Controls & Compliance Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP’s critical activities.
Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing basic project-level budgets and forecasts, incorporating information from various sources as appropriate to monitor KPIs.
Resource Management Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and resource usage on a project-level basis.
Financial Mgmt. & Accounting Principles Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.
Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills:
Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.
Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on resource usage on a project-level basis.
Knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to organization’s critical activities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience in finance and accounting, analyzing, interpreting data and generating reports in compliance with donors.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian Nationals should apply for this position.
Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 13 July 2023.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 July 2023.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th July, 2023.