Finance Assistant-Zanzibar at Aga Khan Foundation
- Company: Aga Khan Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Foundation
The position is responsible for facilitating the accurate and timely entry of accounting information, ensuring compliance with donors, and maintaining proper accounting records for TTI transactions
- Maintaining up-to-date accounting information using an approved accounting system.
- Prepare and track personnel and operations cost allocation.
- Preparing Donor Budgets for the organization including Annual budget and budget revisions.
- Preparing Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Donor reports.
- Monitor expenses against budgets and provide appropriate feedback.
- Prepare quarterly or, cash requests to the AKF Tanzania and Donors together with cash acknowledgment notes to the donor.
- Provide full support for all internal and external audits, coordination and effective implementation of recommendations arising thereof.
- Ensure quarterly PDA reconciliation.
- Ensuring all procurement requests are adequately supported with detailed and accurate specifications with approved procurement request forms prior to any payment.
- Preparing monthly Mobile Money reconciliation.
- Ensuring safe custody of all accounting documentation, procurement files and records.
- Maintaining up-to-date Fixed Assets Register including labelling of all assets
- Ensuring effective control over inventory and office supplies of the teacher training college
- Following up monthly time sheets (attendance) for all staff.
- Support the organizational administrative duties
- Maintaining Integrity and Confidentiality of records and Information all the time.
- Generate quarterly invoices to TTI students and follow up on their payments
- Maintain books of accounts for the Madrasa Teacher Training Colleges and provide support to the principal on all administrative and financial matters related to the colleges
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, accounting, or a related field
- Minimum two years of working in the financial sector managing development partner budget
- Experience developing budgets in collaboration with technical programme staff and supporting the effective management of these.
- Excellent communication skills, able to make strong presentations and produce high-quality financial reports.
- Experience working across geographical organization boundaries, cultures, and diverse stakeholders.
- Sound Ms excel experience
- Impeccable integrity and work ethics.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and safeguarding: Ensure MECPZ’s pluralistic values are demonstrated internally, and externally, and all programming is respectful and inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, and disability.
- Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards toward all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organization
- Ability to explain complex situations in simple terms (Communication)
- Personal commitment to working as a reliable, honest, & trustworthy member of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and able to organize work effectively whilst being proactive and showing initiative and tenacity (achieving results).
Ability to show logic and think through options before deciding on a course of action (thinking and understanding).
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
Job Expires 31-Jan-2023
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th December, 2022.