Finance Assistant at TCDC
- Company: TCDC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC), is a locally registered not for profit Organization that envisions being the leader in social behavior change communication and Development in Tanzania. . TCDC’s vision is creating empowered households and communities that are happy and healthy and our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of households and communities by equipping them with the skills, tools and mindset needed to live happy and healthy lives.
TCDC has following vacancy:
Position: Finance Assistant (1) –USAID “Afya Shirikishi” Project
Reporting to: Senior Finance Officer
Duration of Contract: One year renewable
Job Objective: Finance Assistant will support the administration of the financial/business functions of the finance unit. Typically uses Quick Book computer system to perform duties. Performs tasks with work priorities and general instructions provided by the supervisor. Exercises judgment in selecting and applying TCDC established procedures correctly and in determining when to refer problems to the supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions.
- Process invoices.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports.
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Participate in financial audits.
- Track bank deposits and payments.
- Prepare Staff travel advances and review all travel retirements from staff after travel.
- Prepare payment vouchers, filling vouchers and stamping PAID for paid vouchers.
- Process suppliers’ payments and follow up with finance department to check status all requested payments and communicate proof of payment to the suppliers this include water bill, electricity bill and other payments.
- Collaborate with other Projects Finance officers in day-to-day activities.
- Assisting Senior Finance Officer in the day-to-day activities whenever requested.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting and/or finance, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Experience of working within finance department
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Ability to manage high volume workload.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision.
Method of ApplicationIf interested, please apply by emailing to: [email protected] the following: (1) Curriculum Vitae (start with your most recent employment and state job title, employer, dates employed as well as skills and achievements in each employment listed); (2) cover letter (please refer to the core competencies and state how your skills, knowledge, and experience demonstrate your suitability)(3) two professional references.
Please do not send additional attachments or copies (i.e. academic transcripts or professional certificates) at this time. You may apply no later than October 27, 2023. This is an immediate opening so no applications will be accepted after this date.
No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, so there is no need to follow up.