Finance Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – FINANCE ASSISTANT – FULL TIME – 100%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: FINANCE ASSISTANT
Direct Reports: FINHR MANAGER
Location: LIWALE – LINDI
Execute administrative and finance related tasks and follow up of project accountancy to support the Project Finance-HR Manager following MSF standard and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure effective implementation of internal finance policies within the domain.
- Carry out all cash and bank transactions record into the accounting software and cross check with daily or weekly reconciliations to ensure registers are updated accurately, with support from the Project Fin & HR Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA) when necessary.
- Cash management: in charge of planning, organise and follow-up cash needs on a daily and monthly basis, applying the highest control, transparency and compliance with procedures.
- Conduct regular and accurate counts of cash, ensuring proper reconciliation with financial records.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date cash book, recording all transactions promptly.
- Manage and account for cash advances, ensuring proper documentation and reconciliation.
- Bank transfers: Ensure all requests comply with documentation standards required for supplier payment including implement timely follow-up on pending documentation such as EFD receipts, post transaction completion
- Exercise strict control measure over all payments process, ensuring expenses are verified and validated to ensure compliance with financial policies
- Identify suppliers eligible for Withholding Tax retention and ensure prompt processing of their payments before the end of the month
- Keep up to date the hard copy accountancy and gurantee its delivery to Coordination office at the beginning of next month.
- Follow up all contracts to inform on time the Project Fin & HR Manager when there is a need to arrange a renewal, compile additional documents or updating essential information.
- Efficiently organize and classify financial documents, maintaining a systematic filing system for easy retrieval, audit readiness, and comprehensive record-keeping
- Work diligently to maintain the accuracy of financial data, contributing to the overall integrity of the financial records.
- Collaborate with the Project Fin & HR Manager and/or the ACMA to seek guidance, support, and ensure alignment with organizational financial objectives
- To assume the responsibilities of the HR Assistant as required or in their absence
- Carry out any other finance and administration tasks delegated by the Project Fin &HR Manager.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Diploma in Finance or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related position
- Working with NGO is added advantage
- Knowledge of both English and Swhili is mandatory.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Essential computer literacy – proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data management
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Tuesday 19th 2023 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “FINANCE ASSISTANT”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or Navikubo Executive Lodge & Restaurant P.o.Box 97 Liwale Lindi.
· People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED