Finance and administration Officer at TAWIDO
- Company: TAWIDO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
TAWIDO is a Non-Governmental Organization led and established by women in 2011 with the aim of promoting health, gender equality, and human rights among the women and vulnerable girls in the community. It was registered in 2013 and obtained its compliance certificate of registration No. 00NGO/R/0169 under NGO Act of 2002 to operate in Tanzania mainland. TAWIDO works to ensure development, care and protection of women and vulnerable adolescent girls by raising awareness about their rights and opportunities for development. Among other things, TAWIDO runs the helpline/ Call Center that through the Bulk SMS, Interactive Voice Response, SMS Chart Platform and toll-free services is brings the aspect of awareness, counselling, referral and linkage of clients to services from the broad network of service providers in all regions of Tanzania. TAWIDO has a solid experience in implementing global HIV programs, offering services among key and vulnerable population ranging from prevention care and treatment interventions as well as fighting stigma and discrimination.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, TAWIDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following position available;
Finance and administration Officer (1 Post)
Work Station: Kinondoni – Dar es salaam
Reporting to: Executive Director
Duration: 11 Months/Renewable (full time)
The Project finance officer shall be supporting the finance department to coordinate and supervise financial activities of the organization .
Shall provide day-to-day financial technical work of the organization and strict adherence to financial regulations and grant compliance requirements during the implementation of the program.
Shall ensure daily, weekly and quarterly financial reports are timely prepared and submitted as well as accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by the organization .
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Experience of at least three (3) – five (5) year in working with donor funded project.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledgeable on accounting packages will be added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and work within deadline.
- Great Communication skills both oral and written and particularly in relation to report writing and presentation
- Being detail oriented
- Strong mathematical skills in relation to accounting
- Great organization skills
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payrolls
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
- Assisting with budgets planning and reviews
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are w recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget ceilings.
- Handling accruals and per-payments
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods within the set budget ceilings.
Method of ApplicationAll applications are to be lodged through email: [email protected]
All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae as a single document with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 23:59 HRS on Thursday 13th October, 2023. Contact us through
-Toll free: 0800110039 -Phone number: +255 689 803 786
- TAWIDO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization or other non-merit factors.