Finance and Administration Officer at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
USAID has selected Palladium to implement the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a $180 million, 5-year project which will serve as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic PEPFAR countries. Data.FI is part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs that USAID has recently awarded and represents the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs. Data.FI will play a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their Journey to Self-Reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of USG funding.
The overall goal of the Data.FI project is to improve global, regional and national in-depth analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic. The focus also includes directly supporting host country governments and implementing partners to further enhance existing health information system platforms to inform management responses to well-defined gaps in HIV/AIDS programming. In order to ensure rapid access to high quality data, Data.FI will work towards: accelerating data utilization to rapidly course correct and take to scale cost-effective and impactful activities, models and approaches required to attain and maintain HIV epidemic control; scaling and optimizing in-country health information system capabilities to collect, exchange, adapt, govern, and visualize information in order to track the attainment and maintenance of HIV epidemic control; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners by 2020.
Palladium is currently recruiting a Finance and Administration Officer to work for the USAID-funded Data.FI project. This person will be based in Dodoma or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with some travel expected. This full-time position will assist the project with activities related to finance and administration and logistics. The position will support the Data.Fi activity and report to the Data.FI Finance & Operations Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with event planning and other activities. This includes venue, accommodation, transport, and per diem arrangements for participants;
- Work closely with Finance & Operations Manager to implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keep accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information;
- Process and coordinate monthly statutory deductions for payroll;
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data;
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records; prepare and submit monthly financial reports as directed by Country Director/Finance & Operations Manager in timely manner; appropriately file paper and electronic copies of all supporting documents;
- Maintain financial, procurement, and attendance records for all meetings and workshops;
- Complete weekly cashbooks to be reviewed by Finance & Operations Manager;
- Maintain the project’s Asset Register;
- Coordinate with local vendors to obtain quotations, coordinate invoicing, and process payments for all service providers;
- Prepare procurement documents and ensure procurement is done as per corporately defined processes, and Donor’s rules and regulations;
- Assist with the development of activity budgets for related project activities;
- Assist with the preparation of training materials and meeting documents (printing, binding, organizing/filing, and meeting minutes);
- Ensure timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors;
- Prepare cost-share reports;
- Ensure field vouchers are prepared timely and accurately, supporting documents are in place, and all transactions are coded in accordance of chart of accounts and project charge code(s);
- Negotiate, administer, and assure compliance with agreements to include but not limited to: Contracts, Purchase Orders and Task Orders;
- Provide logistics, coordination, and travel support to project staff;
- Co-ordinate recruitment of local long-term staff, as well as short-term national consultants. This includes preparing advertisements, initial filtering of CVs, further short-listing, assessments, obtaining references, carrying out competency based interviews, preparing the interview panel, compiling interview results, and providing feedback to candidates;
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in broader finance and administration management with an international organization, including HR, finance, IT, and logistics;
- Familiarity with USAID funded projects and/or experience working on an international development project;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues;
- Strong English (written and oral) communication skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Local candidates only-no relocation expenses provided;
- Ability to travel locally within Tanzania;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th April, 2021.