Finance And Administration Manager at Msichana initiative
- Company: Msichana initiative
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
VACANCY: Finance And Administration Manager
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Msichana initiative is an initiative established to advocate for girl child right to education in Tanzania. This includes addressing key challenges, which limit girl child right to education. The organization seeks to ensure this inherent right is given to all human beings without due regard to gender, discrimination, economic conditions, cultural, social and political justification.
Msichana Initiative is seeking to recruit a motivated Finance and Administration Manager who is ready to apply knowledge of financial terms (accounting, tax etc.) and principles to an authentic real-world experience. He will assist with a wide array of duties, including handling the Organization finance and administration matters. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is willing to use their finance and administration skills in an environment which foster career development.
Term of the employment is 2 years’ renewable upon successful performance with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week. The work schedule is full time.
- Bachelor Degree in Business studies, Accounting or Finance.
- CPA (T) or ACCA, and registered with NBAA.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Aptitude for mathematics.
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of taxation for NGOs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- He / She must have worked in related field for at least four (4) years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Head of Finance and Human Resources Department.
- The chief adviser to the Executive Director on matters related to the department.
- Formulates overall organization’s accounting and financial procedures and regulations.
- Safeguards financial interests of the organization through effective and efficient application of financial accounting and control techniques.
- Formulates manpower development and planning policies for the Organization.
- Makes final assessment of annual budgets and financial accounts before presenting them to the Executive Director.
- Interprets financial related circulars, directives and regulations issued from time to time by the government and other related regulatory bodies.
- Develops and maintains employment policies and maintains sound staff welfare and incentive policies of the entire staff of the Organization.
- Ensures follow-ups on audit queries both internally and externally.
- Designs and implements financial systems and controls including assets, cash, inventory, invoicing, pricing, payment, payroll and credit control.
- Designs and implements the budgetary control systems including the specific donor budgets, capital expenditure budgeting system and provides regular comparison between budgets and actual.
- Designs and implements the systems for monthly and annual accounts ensuring their accuracy in the time lines.
- Monitoring the liquidity position of the organization so that it may meet its financial obligations.
- Perform any other duties as may from time to time, be directed to him by the Executive Director.
Method of ApplicationSend CV and certificates via email to: [email protected]
Application deadline: August 19, 2022.
Msichana Initiative is an equal opportunity Employer, however, women and youth are highly encouraged to apply.