Finance and Administration Manager at Huruma Aids Concern And Care (HACOCA)
- Company: Huruma Aids Concern And Care (HACOCA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Finance and Administration Manager
Reporting line: Reports to Managing Director
Vacant Post: 1
Work station: HQ Office, Morogoro Municipal,
Purpose / Role: The purpose of the position is to ensure the organization’s financial viability. The finance and Administration manager (FAM) plays a crucial role in providing high-quality financial management information necessary to support an effective organizational operation. Specific responsibilities include; assessment of financial needs and cash flow requirements, financial planning (inc. budget preparation and submissions), contract management, payroll management (when necessary), financial reporting, and audit. In addition, s/he will need to identify and resolve any financial management problems which may arise, facilitate the involvement of HACOCA Members in the development and funding of projects, and provide appropriate training in financial policies and procedures for organization personnel.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1. General Management and Leadership
- Liaise with bilateral and multilateral donors on all aspects of financial management
- Develop a plan for on-the-job training for project managers in financial procedures and educate all team members on financial responsibilities
- Discuss with the Managing Director the structure of the finance team
- Assist the Managing Director and field management in the development of a disaster response strategy
- Identify problems and develop solutions for best financial practice
- Provide proper supervision, training, guidance, and mentoring to ensure a smooth management transition
- In consultation with the Human Resource Manager develop finance department staff plans, where needed
- Assist in the writing of job descriptions for financial positions and selection of suitable applicants, where needed
- Assist administration staff in the establishment of procurement procedures and expenditure authorizations
- Ensure accurate, timely, and correct payment of all taxes in compliance with the regulations set out by the Tanzania Revenue Authority, NGO Act, and the Finance Act.
- Keep up to date with all Tanzanian tax requirements and ensure the organization follows all statutory obligations such as NSSF, PAYE, and various taxes.
- Oversee the general performance of the organization on issues related to finance and administration and report back to the Director the progress
3. Financial Management
- Set up and maintenance of organization finance and development of procedures for tracking income/expenditure in accordance with HACOCA policy
- Supervise the preparation of allocations of funding and budgeting of planned expenses
- Manage all creditor and debtor tracking systems.
- Communicate budgets and spending authorizations to the Managing Director and governing body.
- Establish banking arrangements and maintain liaison with principal bankers. Develop a plan to minimize exposure to currency gains and losses
- In consultation with the Human Resource Manager establish a payroll structure for organization staff, where necessary
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the finance section, including cash disbursements, cash receipts, etc
- Establish an effective filing system that can provide easy access to information and proper documentation of all financial requirement
- Ensure all typical donor requirements for documentation of expenditures are met to facilitate attribution of expenses to donors when funding is obtained
- Review and assist with the preparation of the financial data to be audited by the appointed auditors.
- Define and produce financial reports on the utilization of funding and assist senior management in the decision-making process
- Protect HACOCA assets through maintenance of the asset register, internal control, and audit procedures.
- Determine which expenditures can be attributed to contributing donors based on their acceptance of proposals and normal regulations to minimize remaining expenditures not attributed to any donor
- Ensure timely reporting to the board, management, program team, donors, and legal authorities.
4. Program Development and Planning
- Assist the Managing Director and other senior management in the development and drafting of project proposals, preparation of mission operating plans/budget
- Assist in the identification of potential funding sources and ensure unit/project managers formulate project budget submissions and subsequent revisions in accordance with donor guidelines
- Support the involvement of all interested HACOCA members in the planning, development, and funding of projects in which they have an interest.
5. Project Management and Implementation
- Collate/analyze and report on actual and planned monthly expenditures, interpret and communicate with field managers, advise of variance against approved budgets, and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Conduct field travel to the unit/project offices as necessary to review financial procedures and assist managers in their needs.
- Coordinate, supervise, and prepare all financial statements/reports to donors and relevant counterparts to ensure compliance with contractual and legal requirements
- Assist in establishing and maintaining commodity inventory management systems and control procedures.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Professional certification such as CPA or ACCA
- Minimum of five years of experience in finance and accounting discipline of which two years should have served in a senior position preferably in a non-governmental organization.
- Extensive experience in proposal writing and budget preparation
- Experience in strategic and program planning processes
- Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures
- Proven numeracy and financial analysis/planning skills
- Ability to use the financial system to track accounting and financial transactions preferably QuickBooks is required.
- Good experience in staff management.
- Good knowledge of labor laws and the employment market.
- Good knowledge of tax laws, accounting policies, and principles.
- Awareness of NGO governing laws.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently, and within the team.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Very good computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and accounting systems
Method of ApplicationCandidates must submit a succinct cover letter of no more than 2 pagesexplaining how they satisfy the requirements of the roles and responsibilities and person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience. The successful candidate will also be asked to provide three professional referees, one of whom must be from their most recent employer.
The closing date for application is 16:00 on 25th February 2023. All qualified candidates are to send their fully filled Applications including cover letters, academic certificates (copies), and detailed CVs to[email protected] Your email title should contain the Full name of the applicant and the position applied.
Human and Resource Manager
Huruma Aids Concern and Care (HACOCA)
U/Taifa ward, Ukutu street, Opp. Sabasabagrounds, Plot 14k2,Morogoro Urban.
P.O. BOX 1094,
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE