Finance and Administration Coordinator at D-Tree International
- Company: D-Tree International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Finance and Administration Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Finance and Administrative Officer
Start Date: Immediate
Who we are
D-tree International is on a mission to radically improve health by strengthening health systems through innovations in digital technology. D-tree works through partnerships with Ministries of Health and NGOs to bring human-centered design approaches to collaborations in which we support partners to understand local health system challenges and opportunities, and integrate technology into these systems to improve the accessibility, quality and accountability of healthcare delivery, ultimately leading to high-performing health systems that improve health and wellbeing for all. A key aspect of our work is our end-to-end partnership, in which we also support partners to use systems thinking to roll out, implement and monitor programs and facilitate a culture of data use among multiple stakeholders.
D-tree has received funding from USAID, the Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, Foundation Botnar, Human Development Innovation Fund, Packard Foundation, UN Foundation and more than 20 international NGOs. As a pioneer in the field of digital health, D-tree has supported more than 8,000 health workers serving over 5 million families in 16 countries throughout sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. Evaluations have demonstrated improved heath impact through D-tree’s digital programs, including 27% reduction in maternal mortality, 50% increase in facility delivery rates, four-fold increase in postpartum follow-up, 70% increase in contraceptive prevalence rates and 15-fold improvements in health worker performance.
What you will do
The Finance and Administration Coordinator will work closely with D-tree’s Tanzanian Operations and Program teams to support Zanzibar’s national digital community health program ‘Jamii ni Afya’ (‘Community is Health’). Under the supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer you will perform a variety of financial and administrative tasks. Your duties include daily administrative and financial tasks such as supporting general office administration from smooth operations and managing paperwork in the processing procurements and payment processes, filing and maintaining safe custody of both the digital and physical financial record. Your primary assignment location will be in Unguja island with some travel to and work in Pemba island.
Finance and Accounting
- Coordinating daily payments documentation with program, operations and initiators to optimize workflow.
- Compiling and filing payment documentation (supplier invoices, purchase orders, expenses claims, account payments) ensuring it is complete in safe custody.
- Following up with pending and cleared payments.
- Process staff advances and review retirements
- Manage CHVs Phone Insurance fund tracker
- Prepare CHVs stipend payment schedules
- Maintain, replenish and track the office petty cash as may be needed. This includes keeping track of petty cash expenses in a proper excel cash register, keeping receipts both in physical and electronic filing systems.
- Support daily office accounting and financial functions such payment processing (PVs preparation etc.), tracking of payments (cleared and pending ones), tracking of accrued payments on regular basis etc.
- Perform timely updates of cash registers for bank and mobile money accounts to make sure that at all times the registers are up-to-date.
- Support submission of ZSSF contributions, ZHESLB and other statutory submissions.
- Timely scanning and filling of transactions in both electronic and physical filing systems with deliberate effort to improve the physical filing system.
- Be a bank/mobile money accounts’ agent (backup initiator) and undertake related duties from time to time.
- Coordinate general office operations: office maintenance, utilities credit refilling, supply and equipment purchasing, office security, cleaning e.tc.
- Provides administrative support for the early stages in the procurement process; identifying vendors, collecting quotations and ensuring documentation is complete and ensuring use of correct forms.
- Backstopping on custodianship of office items like cabinet keys, office keys etc.
- Monitor stock of office supplies and purchase supplies when needed
- Ensure a permanent functioning power supply through city power and generator backup through hardware maintenance procedures, including ensuring a minimum stock of fuel if required
- Provide back up support on the process of attaining work and residence permits for international staff, volunteers or interns.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor that support a high functioning program office
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in a similar position
- Diploma in accounting or relevant qualification (Business Administration/Management or related field)
- Proficient spoken and written English
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Good time management, with the ability to manage multiple activities and priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task, collaborate with a distributed team, be persistent and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Results-oriented, responsible and strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally as necessary
- Priority will be given to people residing in Zanzibar
- We go above and beyond because people’s health and lives are at stake
- We respectfully challenge the status quo as we are always in search of a better way
- We think big because we have faith in our ability to succeed
- We keep the people we work for and with at the center of everything we do
- We value balance between work and life
- We are excellent stewards of time, resources and money
- We continuously learn and adapt to become the best version of ourselves
- We believe that our strength lies in our diversity and how we perform as a team
26,000,000 TZS to 40,000,000 TZS gross annual salary inclusive of all cash compensation
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
To apply for this role please follow the instructions below. Applications which do not meet these requirements will not be considered. This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only; preference will be given to those residing in Zanzibar.
You will need to include: Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, showing your work history and achievements
Deadline for applications: April 25, 2022
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 April 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th April, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE