Finance & Accounting Intern at Wasoko
- Company: Wasoko
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d’ivore Rwanda and Zambia use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Finance and Accounting Intern (3 months period)
We are searching for a Finance and Accounting Intern to join our Finance team. Essential qualities for this role include technical skills to address reported issues quickly and effectively, obsessive attention to detail, and effective written and oral communication and good Excel Skills. The Finance and Accounting Intern will make perform the roles as assigned to him/her.
Reports to: Book Keeper
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily agents’ sales vs cash reconciliation.
- Daily confirmation of agents’ cash deposits vs actual bank deposits.
- Managing petty cash- processing payments and ensuring ; that requests are approved before payment and support documents are provided. Ensuring completeness of vouchers before scanning and filing.
- Scanning of all petty cash vouchers and other supporting documents> upload on shared finance drive
- Reconciliation of petty cash balance before requesting for a top up.
- Tracking of staff transport allowance and sharing with P&C for payroll input
- Performing weekly and monthly month stock count and preparing a report from the count with guidance from the Bookkeeper.
- Collaborating with other departments and any other duties assigned.
- Any other duties assigned by the direct supervisor/ manager
- Requirements:The successful candidate will possess:
Bachelor’s degree in BCOM, BBA, Economics, Business Statistics or any other Business Degree.
- Good understanding of Accounting Principles.
- Posses great attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excel and Microsoft application experience.
All qualified candidates should apply through the link below:
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th October, 2022.