Fieldworker at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Fieldworker (1 post)
Reports to: Project Leader
Work station: Ifakara
Apply by: December 14, 2020
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
The Fieldworker will work closely with project leaders / scientists to provide support in various scientific experiments, including field mosquito trapping and collection, rearing of mosquitoes in the insectary, and testing various interventions both in semi field and in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend mosquito taxonomy courses, among others, to improve data collecting skills.
- Conduct semi field and field experiments as decided by research officers.
- Ensure all data and samples collected from experiments are properly stored.
- Ensure that date entry is done for recorded data.
- Supervise volunteers working for the project in the field.
- Maintain all project field equipment in good order and custody.
- Maintain constant liaison with the community members in the study area to ensure smooth running of the project activities.
- Ensure that quality control procedures and ethical guidelines are followed in running the project activities.
- Attend weekly meetings as set out by the branch EHES department.
- Perform any additional task as assigned by the Project Leader / research officers.
Qualification and Experience
Form Four certificate with five-year experience in relevant fieldwork.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team working skills.
- Self-motivated and high focus attitude to work.
- Physical fitness.
- Good oral communication.
- Adhere to IHI core values.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI Salary scales for scientists.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: Fieldworker – House Screening. Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for this application is: December 14, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.